Would you date someone knowing they had a STI.

Hmm, depends I guess on the person and what the std is. But I guess if I really loved the person and they cared about me and my health, that we would take the proper pre-cautions to protect me from getting it. I'd like to be informed of this information prior to having any sexual interaction, i think it's only fair. not during or after sex. i'd also want to know if it's something they can get rid of with some treatment, or if it's a life long disease, like genital herpes.

did you end up dating someone who had one? or do yourself have one and wonder what others would think?

I recently dated a girl that had herpes.We had protected sex,and she didnt tell me until the second time that she had it.I was pretty upset.I think something like that is pretty important to tell someone the first time.Plus i have a ex-wife who got herpes from her ex after we split up.She said she knew he had it,but thought she was going to be with him forever and got it.Now they are split up and she has it for the rest of her life.No i dont have anything.Never have.

If they told me BEFORE anything happened, I would be a bit weird, but consider it.

If the told me AFTER something happened, I'd drop them like a hot potato. They obviously do not care about their partner and that is not someone I want to be in a relationship with.