Obsession is ruining my current relationship!

BunnyLove911

Where to begin? i guess i need somewhere to vent, in a way. I'm in age gap because, well there is an age gap. I'm 22, and the man i love is in his 50's. I know alot of you are probely going "omg, yuck". but its not that like that. I've known him since i was about 15 as a friend of my father, and these feelings surfaced after i had my son with my boyfriend *whom i'm still with*. Up until then i'd never had any romantic feelings about them, then one day i looked at him and it hit me. Over the past year and a half, i'm come to love him and theres absoutly no way to tell him. It would tear apart my family, his life, everything. He lives with his girlfriend, and truly believe i hate it. I'm jealous of her to be honest. I see him roughly every 1 or 2 weeks at a social gathering, and all i can do is think of how i just want him to hold me close just one time....... It has ruined my personal life with my bf, I no longer want to be intimate with him because all i can think about is this other man. At times i get the feeling he as some type of feelings for me, whether it be sexual or not, but other times he seems completely cold with me. Is thereo te really any way to tell him? i keep having this image of me telling him, and he laughs because he thinks i'm joking, then gives me this big speech on how it would never work. any comments would be greatly appreciated. thank you!

I think he's too old for you. I think you like him before he's a friend of your father and you see him often. I don't want to say this but I don't think you will be happy with him because the age difference is too much. You might feel safe and secure with him but what activity you will do with him? And in the next 10 - 15 years? You're gonna be 32 and he will be 65? At that time you might need to take care of him rather than he take care of you.

Who cares about his age. I think the issue her is that both of you are technically IN relationships. Do you know the status of his relationship with his girlfriend? I would only be hesistant because he's in a relationship.

I guess you COULD try and see what he thinks of you, but again, I don't know because he has a girlfriend. I don't know if he thinks of you as his friend's daughter. It is possible to be in a relationship with someone who's essentially your parents age, but at least your family knows him and I'm assuming likes him.

Its more of a job related relationship between him and my father then it is friends. I guess i should have reworded that. the probelm is, i feel if i give out to much info, someone from my very small town will be reading this and be like "hey, i know who this is, and so on" The relationship between him and his g/f is rocky, but then again, so is mine lol. i know they have their good times just like we do, but who knows. I doubt anything will ever happen, but its still that little wondering thought that nags at me at night.