Love for everyone?

Do you believe that there is someone out there for everyone? And I don't mean in the sense that there's only one person, the one or anything like that. It's much simpler than that: is there at least 1 person out there for everyone?

This has probably been brought up many times, but I'm not looking for optimistic responses along the lines of, "If you want it bad enough..." or "If you look in the right places and try hard...." I just want realistic responses - I mean, some people die without having had experienced romantic love.

I don't know why - I try to fend off the media and other influences as much as possible - but I've internalized this notion that I need to be loved in order to be validated. Love leads to fulfillment. I know it doesn't, and I'm actually quite content with my life as it is, but it feels like there's something missing. It's not a conspicuous absense, it's not an absense I mourn: it's just there, like a long faded scar, a subtle reminder with it's daunting implications. (Is there something wrong with me? Am I un-lovable? etc. etc.)

All this is probably just setting me up for major disappointment when (if) it comes. I've got this idealized notion of what a relationship is supposed to be like, and the expectations are probably impossible to meet. But I think disappointment would be far easier to handle than all this anticipation and this constant waiting. At the same time I'm afraid of not being able to handle a real relationship, of screwing it up, so that fear is just mingled in with the anticipation. Truth is I'd rather screw it up than be unable to screw it up.

truth is, i'd be the next person to admit that. i really don't know if there is or not, but they sure make a load of songs over it....

i believe there is. i have no clue where i'll meet her, but it'll be sometime. hopefully it's gonna be the right time.

u know, when i get like that, it occurs to me the next day when i'm hangin out with my friends and i say something funny that everyone laughs at that what we get is what we make out of what we have.

Well nothing in this universe can make you happy exept loving and helping other people,which is also the meaning of life. From there you can reason , is there somebody out there for everyone? The answer is yes, everyone has a soulmate to who they belong. However in the future you'll outgrow the idea of 'only one person to love' to loving everyone and everything.

Hmm. I've read enough romance novels and sighed during enough romantic comedies that I should say yes there is someone for everyone, but life tells us otherwise.

If there were someone out there for everyone, a soulmate if you will, then it seems like everyone would eventually meet that one perfect person and call it a day. But many people live long, happy fulfilling lives without a partner.

Some people just don't need a romantic relationship to be complete. Others do. For me, the whole idea of a 'soulmate' denotes a sense that one isn't whole until your partner comes along, but that's not true for everyone.

Still, I'm a romantic and I can't help but long and hope for that soulmate to come along. Just not right now.