Daddy's gone somewhere better now.

Hey people,

My daddy passed away on Thursday morning, after 14 months of battling with terminal cancer, he and my mum watched the sunrise together from his bed downstairs, he slept for a few hours, then woke and sai "Margy i think its time for me to go now", she said "Are you sure sweetheart?" he said "Yes its my time to go now" and he fell asleep forever in her arms.

Words can't express how much i love my dad, how i'm feeling now is just so mixed up, i'm so glad i was with him the night before, i'm so glad i got to tell him i loved him. I don't really miss him yet, its just like he's still here, everything is untouched, his cars still here, its like normal minus him....We've had so many visitors, cards and flowers.

I have had nearly 200 E-mails telling me what a great man my dad was and how proud i should be of him (and i am so so proud, he was the strongest and bravest person i've ever met)

I know he's an angel now in heaven and i know he's not far away, i don't understand why i can't cry when i hurt so much.

LOve u daddy.

Sugar xxx

Sugar-Rush,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your father. It seems like you might still be in shock over his death, which is very normal.

Receiving 200 emails proves what a well liked person your father was. He must have been very gifted at making friends and keeping them.

My prayers go out to you and your family.

Sugar-Rush,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Please do not think that because you something is wrong with you. I'm sure that in time, tears will come. In the case of some losses in my life the tears have rarely come right away, most often it has been a few days later. You will greive this great loss in your own way and in your own time. If you need to get some things out or seek advice or anything, please don't hesitate to come here.

In one way your Dad lives on - in you. And he will continue to live on in the hearts of the people he touched and whose lives were made better for knowing him. If you can pass on to your children that part of him that has shaped and influenced who you are - then that will continue for generations to come. So in that way, part of him, perhaps the most important part, will go on.

You have my deepest sympathy for the loss of your father. He is in peace now. I hope you can find some small comfort in that. Your father will live on in your heart and through all the wonderful memories you have of him.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family,

BellaDonna

I'm really sorry for your loss sugar rush. I couldn't even imagine.

But like others have said, the wonderful memories will always live on in you. And you were so lucky to be able to tell him you loved him and being able to be there with him. He was lucky to have such a loving family too.

We all handle loss differently. Some of us never will cry, even though it kills us inside. Others will cry once it sets in. The important thing is that your father knew you loved him.

SugarRush,

I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Dad. I liked what DN said about carrying a part of him in you and passing that onto your children.

It sounds as though he had a very peaceful end in the arms of his wife and surrounded by those he loved, and who loved him.

((HUGS TO YOU))

I lost my father to terminal cancer as well, and I assure you the grieving process is a very personal and individual experience. My sisters were in hysterics, while I managed to grieve in relative silence and deep contemplation. Stay strong, you will get through this and I am sincerely sorry about your loss.

I'm very sorry for your loss, I know your pain.

I have had nearly 200 E-mails telling me what a great man my dad was and how proud i should be of him (and i am so so proud, he was the strongest and bravest person i've ever met)

Print out the emails and make a memorial book that can be past down through the generations so others will know how loved and how great he was while he was alive.

RC

I am so sorry, i know what its like to lose a father, mine killed himsef. When he died i did cry but after that i just kept how i felt inside and about 3 years later i went into a depression and tried to end my life a few times or more, i am now on meds, still think about my dad all the time not a day goes by that i dont, but now i just try to learn to live with not having him around