Have I blown it?

Ok I joined a dating site, I'm a widow (4 years ago), never dated since, so I'm a little cautious (actually terrifed) to say the least.

I saw this gorgeous looking guy on the site so I bit the bullet and messaged him. We mailed back and fore a couple of times, I showed him my pics and he sent this reply....

"you look stunning babe. my number is *********** if you want to text me and i will ring you so we can chat proper hun. hope to see you soon.

[his name] xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

So what's the problem? Well I panicked, and sent him a mail back ....

"Smiles, thanks. Any chance we could go a little slower? I really am new to all, maybe have a chat online and see if we get on? See ya later I hope".

He showed as being online today but didnt reply. Have I blown it? Should I just wait and see if he replies in the week or just forget it? Being a widow, which I do state on my profile, I don't want to be messed about or used.

my thought on this is if a guy in person or on the internet can not respect your wishes, then you dont need them in your life. there is nothing wrong with moving slow excpecialy after losing someone deer to you. there are way tomany men out there that will take it slow with you, and be there for you and guinuinly care. this guy might only be out for one thing, and it sounds like you dont need that. that being said it might just take him some time to replie to you.

Personally, I think HE blew it...by sending his number so fast, calling you "Babe" and "Hon"...but you know what? He probably did you a favor and let you see right off the bat what he's on that site for. I doubt it's for a meaningful relationship. And you don't want to waste time on those people.

Thanks guys, you're certainly opened my eyes, and you're all right. Though it was to good to be true.

But how the heck are you supposed to know what they want, he seemed really nice?

IF he does reply, I'll tell him I think he's looking for something different. Sighs. Back to the drawing board...

But how the heck are you supposed to know what they want, he seemed really nice?

That one's easy. Wait to see how their actions play out, not their words. In this case, the guy showed his intentions pretty soon, so you avoided a whole drawn out thing there.