Healthy not to cry??

I've been wondering this lately: Is it healthy for me not to be able to cry anymore? Such as the fact whenever someone in my family or church dies, I don't cry. And whenever someone does something that is really touching, I appreciate it and my heart is warm, usually the other girls around here start to cry. I just can't cry.

I used to cry a lot when I was little and then after going through puberty I just couldn't cry. I haven't been able to cry since I've been 10. And I'm not that emotional except when a child is hurt then I become angry. I'm like a guy in the emotion department.

And I'm not depressed. I feel I am in the right place at the right time these days. I am very content right now.

I feel sad when people die and all. But confession time: I cried when I was the first leaving for college at 18 but it was just eye welling some. And I cried at my brothers wedding like just enough to wet my eyes and thats it but that was a pretty emotional weekend and I was tired. Those are the only times I can remember crying since I was ten. I am like Christina Yang on "Grey's Anatomy" unemotional but passionate about my interests. If that can give you all a description.

... I'm like a guy in the emotion department.

Perhaps you have become very stable and/or your testosterone levels are higher than most women.

And I'm not depressed. I feel I am in the right place at the right time these days. I am very content right now.

Being Contend is great!

BTW, some people are waiting for your feedback here:

I do the same, I have emotions but just not inclined to all out cry and make a scene. Feel both the pain and happiness but just don't express it like a "woman should" I guess according to societys ideals.

To my knowledge long as it isn't medical then it shouldn't a problem and is just part of you as an individual. Medical would be that you do want to cry, try to, the whole bit and still cannot and not just emotional either if it were happening say when you had something in the eye and couldn't produce tears to help unlodge the offending dirt speck or however.

I myself have disturbed many of an individual due to the fact that I have no interest in crying or being that emotional in funerals, births, dying individuals, awards, so on and so forth.

I think its an individual preferance and just how one expresses his or herself. I have my feelings and typically express them short and sweet verbally in, "Sorry he or she died...", "Wonderful birth and child...." etc... but nothing extensive and that is just fine and dandy and makes me feel okay.

Long as you're okay and feeling fine, all is well, and all else is outside opinion and nothing much more.

If it's nothing to do with depression, it might just be how you are. No biggie.

I don't cry often either. I don't need to cry to show I care. Some people cry over everything, some in between, some almost never at all.

If the feelings are there, that's good. If you start to feel numb and like you can't cry when you really need to, that may be a concern.

Some of us, too, have ingrained ideas about crying. Crying and huge displays of emotion = weakness. Or crying a lot = being warm and caring. It can be cultural.

Maybe you are a natural 'non-bawler' and the rest around you are big criers, so you figure there is something wrong. But maybe there isn't!

As far as funerals go, I almost never cry at funerals. It takes time for it to sink in. I cry later. There's no rules about how to feel. Whatever is natural to you.