so emotional since divorce

I wouldn't want to be around a man who could not or would not want to cry. It is an expression of pain and hurt.....not weakness! I don't care for cocky, immature jerks either, but thats just me!

I think crying can cleanse the soul of the bottled up pain. You are never too old to cry, it doesn't come with an age limit and it is part of our 'system', we would not be 'equipped' with it if it were not a part of us!

Good Grief! And you think that fighting is respectable? I think if a man can show a range of emotions actually is an evolved man. Yes there are men that don't cry but to chastise a man for it... come on!

Also what is so respectable about someone who uses an avatar of themselves with no shirt on? That loses more respect points with me than a man who cries.

Good Grief! And you think that fighting is respectable? I think if a man can show a range of emotions actually is an evolved man. Yes there are men that don't cry but to chastise a man for it... come on!

Also what is so respectable about someone who uses an avatar of themselves with no shirt on? That loses more respect points with me than a man who cries.

Is fighting respectable? Now I say no, when I was younger...yeah that is how you earned respect. Believe me if you cried, you got no respect. I can show emotion, I just don't cry. I can be angry , I can upset, I can be happy...I have all the emotions...just don't cry about it.

For your second question...I wasn't looking for any respect on my body. I built it...I worked hard for it. When someone works hard on something, they like to show others. You don't like it you don't have to look at it. Some people may like it, others won't...I can live with that. It won't make me cry.

DBL

DBL....

Not for nothing but what does being a musclehead have to do with

having and feeling human emotions?

So..you lost respect for your friends for crying. Some 'friend" you are. Personally if a friend of mine berated me for shedding a few tears...well....they wouldn;t be MY friend anymore. Sorry Mr Olympia...

Actually Im not a musclehead...I just take care of my body.

My suggestion for you is to open your mind a little more and stop trying think in one direction. I don't recall any actual...and I express the word actual proof that crying will heal anything. Of course you will read stuff all over the internet..written by webmasters and wannabe famous professors. Maybe there are more conservative ways of getting past things, that being to stand strong for yourself. Have you tried that to know if it worked?

We live once, we are all going to die, why spend it crying when you can spend it ignoring the sad stuff.

DBL

DBL....

Not for nothing but what does being a musclehead have to do with

having and feeling human emotions?

So..you lost respect for your friends for crying. Some 'friend" you are. Personally if a friend of mine berated me for shedding a few tears...well....they wouldn;t be MY friend anymore. Sorry Mr Olympia...

Mr Olympia?????

Actually Im not a musclehead...I just take care of my body.

My suggestion for you is to open your mind a little more and stop trying think in one direction. I don't recall any actual...and I express the word actual proof that crying will heal anything. Of course you will read stuff all over the internet..written by webmasters and wannabe famous professors. Maybe there are more conservative ways of getting past things, that being to stand strong for yourself. Have you tried that to know if it worked?

We live once, we are all going to die, why spend it crying when you can spend it ignoring the sad stuff.

DBL

So you dont read books or scientific journals you base everything you believe on the web? So everyone in the world who cries is just wasting time?

Mr Olympia?????

I know how shallow do we have to be to use someone else's photo. At least I don't have to use someone else's photo. Wonder what we can say about what your body looks like? Pie eating champ?

Actually I packed on 20 more pounds of muscle after that photo, lost it all when I became sick...making a good comeback until I injured my elbow...in which just for the record...I didn't cry. However...I'm almost back in full swing even with the injury.

DBL

We're going from crying to attacking body images???? huh???

My comment was NOT really about your body image..as much as your mentality about being "so tough" in the gym .....you claim crying is for wimps.

Attacking someones avatar is uncalled for.

Nobody made comments about my avatar? It's all good. You are right I shouldn't attack anybody for not having an avatar of themselves.

Anyway...my gym in in my home...so I am not tough in a gym. I didn't say crying was for whimps...I said it was too dramatic and men shouldn't cry over stuff like that they should symbolize strength and courage. It was very simply stated and some of you wanted to build off of it by remarking on my avatar. So who attacked avatars first? Sure wasn't me.

DBL

So you dont read books or scientific journals you base everything you believe on the web? So everyone in the world who cries is just wasting time?

I participated in a research project in NCU. All the information was made up because the experiment didn't go the way it was planned too. However someone funded the project and results had to be given either way. So I don't believe in research. Being into fitness you know everything said is contradicted later. This product is great this month, but next month maybe it isn't so good, but this other product is. It's a game...if you want to play it go for it.

DBL

Nobody made comments about my avatar? It's all good. You are right I shouldn't attack anybody for not having an avatar of themselves.

Anyway...my gym in in my home...so I am not tough in a gym. I didn't say crying was for whimps...I said it was too dramatic and men shouldn't cry over stuff like that they should symbolize strength and courage. It was very simply stated and some of you wanted to build off of it by remarking on my avatar. So who attacked avatars first? Sure wasn't me.

DBL

DBL you said it makes a man less of a man if he cries. I see we disagree on this. Fine.

But i dont believe it is a loss of tears over just the relationship, woman or marriage. I believe it is pain, some hurt that maybe men (including myself) have tried stuffing and ignoring for many years.

DBL you said it makes a man less of a man if he cries. I see we disagree on this. Fine.

But i dont believe it is a loss of tears over just the relationship, woman or marriage. I believe it is pain, some hurt that maybe men (including myself) have tried stuffing and ignoring for many years.

Well there is shedding some tears then there is blubbering like the guys that posted earlier did...like "doing my hardest crying in the car", crying in the shower, and hopefully nobody really gets on there knees and cries like a baby to their woman begging them to come back.

In my earlier relationships I thought it was the pain that upset me (still didn't cry though)...but then as I became older it wasn't the pain of losing someone it was my pride and dignity that took the brunt of the breakup.

Here is a story about senstive guys. I will start with the guy. He was a whiner, he was once punched in the nose and went home crying. Very sensitive cry baby type guy. He would try to make himself tough by moving into a bad neighborhood so he can brag about it. I stopped being friends with him for interfering in two of my relationships. Now the girl, she just likes causing trouble...I know because I messed around with her with her xboyfriend living in the same house we were messing around in. He was pounding on the door of the room we were in. Me and her didn't work out for a lot of reasons.

Anyway..at the local bar by my house I seen the guy and the girl I mentioned above together. I decided to go say hi, because I'm friendly like that. He went to the bathroom and I stayed and talked to the girl. I said to her "He makes a better boyfriend then I would ever make". She said "Why's that?". I said "because he is very sensitive". She had this disgust look on her face and said "how is he sensitive?". I said "he cries". Well that relationship was over the next day. I laugh at this all the time. I didn't even mean to break them up. So it made it much more fun to talk about. I was being serious thinking that she would like him more being he was sensitive.

Girls always say they like sensitive guys, but when it comes down to it, who are you going to feel safer and more comfortable with...someone that stands strong or someone that is going to break down and cry when things don't go right?

DBL

There's nothing wrong with men breaking down and crying and releasing their pain.

I'm a woman and for me I find that myself and women I know like a balance of a man being quite strong and tough, but at the same time can be sensitive and express emotion.

I tend to favour the ones with a more senstive side to them.

the guys that posted earlier did...like "doing my hardest crying in the car", crying in the shower

The man who said this is a very respected man here on ENA. He is a warm and affectionate man who shows character and strength!

Strenght and power are not shown by muscle strenght when it comes to matters of the heart!

Girls always say they like sensitive guys, but when it comes down to it, who are you going to feel safer and more comfortable with...someone that stands strong or someone that is going to break down and cry when things don't go right?

There is a difference between a sensitive man and a whimpy man! A man who can cry is a man who can show his feelings, ( feelings consist of more than anger and happiness) a man who is whimpy is a man who runs when faced with danger ( heartache is not physical 'danger' it is emotional pain). Essentially you are saying that woman are whimps because they cry!

Women do like sensitive men who will protect them when necessary!

• Like 1
The man who said this is a very respected man here on ENA. He is a warm and affectionate man who shows character and strength!

Or at least that is what comes accross on the site. Behind closed doors who knows what one is really like.

Strenght and power are not shown with muscle strenght when it comes to matters of the heart!

Nobody stated that muscles meant anything in the form of whether a man should cry or not towards showing stength and power. In fact I don't think anyone used the word power...I did talk about stength and courage. Not stength and power.

There is a difference between a sensitive man and a whimpy man! A man who can cry is a man who can show his feelings, ( feelings consist of more than anger and happiness) a man who is whimpy is a man who runs when faced with danger ( heartache is not physical 'danger' it is emotional pain). Essentially you are saying that woman are whimps because they cry!

So basically a man that doesn't cry cannot show his feelings? We aren't talking about women crying here, we are talking about men, but I see since you really added nothing new to this conversation that the last gasp you had for this discussion was to make me out as a sexist.

Women do like sensitive men who will protect them when necessary!

So when your man is done crying, he will protect you?

DBL