Interested, or am I sending him mixed signals?

OK so I started seeing someone about 2 months ago. It was very casual, we were intimate a couple times, he took me out a couple times...nothing serious. Lately though, it seems he may have lost interest but I'm not sure. I haven't been sending him clear signals either so he could be pulling away for that fact. I let him come to me usually, I haven't called him once on my own. He stopped calling. He called me last Sunday night and wanted to watch a movie but I told him it was too late. He hasn't tried to see me since. He will im or text me every couple of days but he won't ask me to hang out. I ran into him at the club on Saturday night..and I said hi, gave him a hug, and that was pretty much it. I had written him off at this point because I thought he wasn't interested anymore. So I didn't talk to him the rest of the night at the club. He kept staring over at me, and at one point we locked eyes and I smiled and he shrugged his shoulders in that "Why aren't you talking to me?" kind of shrug. So he stared at me the rest of the night. I ended up leaving before he did and I didn't say bye to him. Well Monday morning he ims me and we made small chit chat. He asked me "So how come we didn't dance at the club? You sat in the corner all night." I told him I was just tired. He signed off and then text me saying he had computer problems and asked how my weekend went. I said "Fine and yours?" and he said "Great hung out with my uncle." That was that, I didn't say anything after that. The next day I imed him and we made small chit chat, but he still hasn't asked me to hang out. Now I'm thinking he's pretty much not interested anymore...but it could be that I've been sending off mixed signals. When we first hooked up, I was the one that had to make a move...he just dropped subtle hints until I finally said something. I have been firm about not being overly eager or coming on too strong, but I think it's also possible that I may be coming off as not interested in him. Do you think if I asked him to hang out it would be bad? Also, I'm very, very attractive, and everyone tells me I can do alot better than him and they don't get what I see in him...do you think he may feel this way too?

I remember sending him a quick email last week asking if he ever wanted to hang out before 9pm, he can call me. When he called last to hang out it was around 9pm and it was too much of a short notice. So I did make some kind of initiative but he didn't call to hang out. He's very busy though, so I can sort of see why he never called to hang out. This is the reason I ignored him at the club. I dunno, should I just say "Yo when are we hanging out?" Or something along those lines, or should I give up? He's not really a shy person, but he has never been that forward with me. The only time he was forward was asking me to go to dinner with him. It was a wonderful dinner but is he expecting me to make some move now or soemthing? I thought by sending that email I had made a move...should I try again?

I don't really see mixed signals from you - that would imply an even mixture. I see a 98% "I am not interested" signal and a 2% "Work much harder and I may sort of be interested if nothing better comes along" signal.

I am really surprised he is still interested after so much rejection.