Hello enotaloners,

I just wanted to give an update on my situation. Things really seem to be evening out! I have been very firm, caring, open, and honest about how I feel and it seems to be working! We seem to be starting to understand and learning how to adapt to each others foibles. I am truly starting to realize the nature of our differences when it comes to communication and how each of us feels about love. I have kept my feelings out in the open and she seems to have really heard me and is making a solid effort to find our balance. We were both carrying baggage from past bad experiences going in but that seems to be diminishing steadily over time. She never has been one to speak much about how she feels whereas I, on the other hand tend to be somewhat of an open book. It's a big difference it styles, but we both seem to be taking the steps to meet in the middle and are growing stronger all the while because of it. Whatever fights we have had have always ended up being resolved and understood and have actually strengthened our connection. I think I'm the first person she's ever been with that actually wants to treat her right and have a healthy relationship. I think it's weird for her but she is getting used to it. I am starting to understand that her changes in mood have nothing to do with the way she feels about me and she is making solid efforts to make sure that her blue moods are not directed towards me. They are also seem to be lessening in their intensity and frequency. I'm really starting to see and feel us finding our balance! It's wonderful! I realize that there is much more work ahead of us but if we stay on the course we're on things will only get better and better! It's kind off odd how strongly we diverge in some areas but in the areas were we are similar are really awesome and great and it is those areas that we are both are striving to nurture and strengthen as well as learning to appreciate and respect the areas in which we differ. There is a beautiful love here it just needs some polishing up and fine tuning and it looks as though together we will/are doing it! Thanks so much to all for your caring and support so far and I'm sure I will need it again in the future, or better still, maybe I won't but I will still be here to listen and try to help anyone I can in anyway I can. Thanks so much!

I also feel there is one very important point I left out of my previous post. I am starting to realize now more about how what happened to me in my relationship previous to this one has affected my behavior in this relationship and what role it had to play in why her and I ultimately chose each other as partners. This was one of the first things I told her about as she was getting to know me. She also told me about her darkest experiences and she seems to have had more of them than I that were just as bad. But we both have big, good, open hearts and a true desire to show our love by giving. That is ulitimately the thing that makes us great, I do believe. What else awaits over the next peak is something that I am sure will only continue to get bigger, better, and brighter as we continue on together.