appropriate?

On The Road

i'm not really sure what im doing, as of this moment in time. See, there's this boy. and he just started working at my work. and he seems to like my friend, and she likes him back. so they are in the process in maybe going out with each other. and i of course was put in the middle of it, as of what did she/he say.

but besides that, from the second i come online to the second i sign off, i have been talking to him. he instant messages me and we talk for just hours apon hours.

i guess im wondering if this is really appropriate? my friend knows that i talk to him, but even so, do you think that this is appropriate in light of the situation?

What are you conversations like? If they're very very casual, everything's just fine and dandy...but if you feel like something may be developing (is that possibly your concern here?), things can become kind of hairy. If you're really close with your friend, I would recommend taking a step back. If he's interested in you instead of your friend, make sure that you're not coming out as the villain here because you're in excessive contact with him...let him make all the first moves. But if your friend is more of a casual acquaintance, I say don't worry at all -- after all, it's not like you volunteered to be the middleman!