Is my body just sensitive?

I know that if you are raised in countries with poorer health standards, it makes your immune system stronger, but you die younger, too. so would it make since that the healthier you get the more sensitive your body gets?

I'm too young to be having health problems. I'm only 21!

I don't drink carbonated drinks cause they make my kidneys hurt, so I drink water and juice.

I can only drink organic milk cause regular milk upsets my stomach.

Now I'm having to eat mylantas every time I eat cause my stomach hurts.

It's like the healthier I try to be, the more sensitive my body gets.

I eat alot of tomatoes. Tomatoes are very acidic, right? So now I'm wondering if that's what's causing my stomach problems? I know I can't eat hot sauce cause it makes my stomach hurt now. I used to could eat whatever I wanted. This has all started in the past year or two. Should I really be having these problems at my age?

I'm wondering if anybody else has felt the same way I do.

Well, no, not exactly. I have other stomach and intestine related problems...

BUT--

My internist and colo-rectal doc said that young women (under 30) now are having the highest incidence of stomach related nonspecific (as in, they can't exactly tell why) problems ever recorded. Irritable Bowel Syndrome being the major culprit, along with ulcers, ulcerated colitis, divurticulitis, etc...

If you are that intolerant, don't take the pat "Acid reflux" diagnosis and a prescription for Nexium... that only masks the larger symptoms if something really is the matter.... go to a gastrointerologist (who can refer you on if need be). They know MUCH more about it than a regular doc, and the peace of mind is priceless even if nothing is wrong....

i hate that you are going through this.... I know from experience it isn't fun.

BUT--

My internist and colo-rectal doc said that young women (under 30) now are having the highest incidence of stomach related nonspecific (as in, they can't exactly tell why) problems ever recorded. Irritable Bowel Syndrome being the major culprit, along with ulcers, ulcerated colitis, divurticulitis, etc...

Huh. That's interesting. Did your doc have any theories as to why this is?

To the OP...that thing you wrote about having problems with milk...have you ever been tested/screened for lactose intolerance? A guy I went to college with developed a sensitivity to all dairy products around your age...he got horrible stomach aches and gas any time he consumed any dairy products (milk, ice cream, cheese, yogurt, etc.) or anything that had any dairy products in it. Prior to that he didn't have a problem, and as I recall, it took a long time for him & his doc to figure out what was causing his issues.

He made massive changes to his diet to avoid dairy and foods containing any dairy products as ingredients (which, to my surprise, are A LOT of items). If he wants to indulge in the occasional slice (and I mean ONE slice) of pizza, he'll take some Lact-Aid first. While it doesn't eliminate his symptoms, it does help lessen the severity.

Thanks everybody. s2s, I eat other dairy products w/ no problem and now the organic milk works for me too. It's the regular milk I cn't drink.

CG, I have that problem with greasy foods, too. It's like if I don't eat everything healthy then I don't feel well. That's why I was wondering if it could be that I've just made myself too sensitive to regular foods, cause I eat mainly organic foods now.

i guess I should see a gastrointerologist like v suggested.