I think my friend cheated on her boyfriend

darkspark

Note: My friend is naive for her age. She makes mistakes easily, and I've feared that guys will take advantage of her in college (I should mention that I am a guy).

She IM'ed me last night and sounded really strange as if she was drunk. She told me directly that she cheated on her boyfriend. Now, here's the back story. Her boyfriend is the guy she took to prom. She always said it was anything serious and that she intends on breaking up with him at the end of the summer, but she hasn't done so yet. Last night, she told me that she met with a "guy friend." She then said that he likes to "educate" her (note: this guy friend is within 1 year of her age). She insists that they never had sex, but that they have kissed and cuddled. Again, she thinks she cheated and seems to feel somewhat bad for putting her boyfriend through this. She tells me that she's breaking up with him soon, but I don't she realizes that cheating is wrong. I've promised not to tell her boyfriend anything she told me, but I can't just forget about this and let her continuing doing the same thing.

What can I do to convince her that what she had done is wrong, since I don't believe she thinks it is? My wost fear is that her cheating now will lead to her cheating when she is married. I don't want to do nothing, but I don't want to make her hate me.

I hate to say it, but I agree with Annie. There just isn't anything you can do besides express why you feel the way you do and then leave it at that.

Sometimes our friends do stupid things and it's really hard to just sit there and watch it happen. But unfortunantely sometimes they just won't listen and they need to learn it the hard way..

Also, if you don't approve of what she is doing, tell her so. And maybe tell her you don't want to hear about it if she does do it. That way she will know you are serious..

Don't put yourself in that situation as it really is not your business and you're not the one responsible for your friend's action, she is. If she can't see that what she just did is wrong, then that's her problem. And is she keeps doing it and you're uncomfortable, then stop hanging out with she.