why cant i just be happy?

okay well when i go places wit my guy i always look around and i always see couples cuddling and it makes me so sad because he doesnt show any effection. like he just started to hold my hand in public. Like we went to this thing and there were people preforming and i was standing infront of him watching them and i looked around and everyone are age who had someone had thier arms around the girls waist and my guy didnt. i dont know it just makes me sad/mad becuase when were home i cant get him off of me , but when in public you would swear we are really good friends. i told him how i feel but it never works. Why does he do this? Does it have anything to do with me or does just not like public effection? edited is sometimes effectioned in public his dad is very effectioned to his girlfriends.we have been together for 15 months off and on 3 times.And i know he loves me i just wish he would show the rest of the world he does.

Hey there,

Some people are not comfortable with PDAs (public displays of affection). He could have been raised that way, perhaps his parents were not as overly affectionate in public, or maybe he had a bad experience.

Ask him why he is not comfortable with it. Plus, you guys are young, he may be just learning, he could be shy, nervous or scared of doing the wrong thing. But never compare your relationship with others, and try not to place expectations on him if it is not in him to be the way YOU want. Talk to him. Be kind and supportive. Take care and good luck.