IT IS ME!!!

I have come to realise Im not a healthy 'minded' person.

Let me explain, Ive been with my boyfriend for a few weeks now and we have been good friends for many, many years. He knows me really well and Im the same with him. We both have had strong feelings for another for awhile now.

The thing is, this guy is so close to the my type of Mr right but I dont feel as deeply for him as he does for me.

There are little things he does that turn me off, for example when girls flirt with him he doesnt flirt back or anything, but he does joke around with them (he is usually really coky) another thing, he is a drinker. I hate drinkers. Drinking turns me off. Am I just making excuses? I mean this guy is so sweet, he is really something special. Ive NEVER met anyone like him before, but there are the little things.

This is the 3rd time Ive been like this when it comes down to boyfriends (not so much during the dating/seeing period), I dont know why!!

Any ideas? Am I just that stupid that I keep brushing the good ones away? What on earth could be wrong with me?

If it was just that he didn't flirt with back with other girls then I might have to say that it might be you. But the fact that he's a drinker and you don't like drinkers.. I'd say that's an incompatibility. Unless of course he was willing to compromise on the issue..

I often have this same problem in the beginning of a relationship. I get annoyed that they like me, how much they like me, etc. It comes down to my fear of commitment and maybe even some low self-esteem. (ie: they must be a loser to like someone like me)

This might sound useless but only you really know for sure. It might be your own personal fears getting in the way.. Or it might be your gut telling you it isn't right. Which do YOU think it is?

If it was just that he didn't flirt with back with other girls then I might have to say that it might be you.

I didnt mean it like that, Its just it feels weird when girls are flirting with him in front of me, he just jokes around with them. I dont know, I guess Im being silly.

But I think I might have low self-esteem and that Im insecure. I wish I knew what to do, he is a great person and I dont want to stuff things up.