Love too easily...

Bones28

I have gone through a weird transition. About 3 years ago, I went through a phase of seeing a lot of women; dating some, hooking up with others, but all in all, not feeling very strong for them. Now, it seems that every girl I meet, I feel like I want to spend my entire life with and I fall in love. This is like after spending one or two times with them!

I feel so strong about them, that I have a hard time not calling them all the time and then I come off too upfront!

I do not like it at all, but I guess I am learning what big mistakes I was making by playing around with previous women. Has anyone been through a transition like this before - or have any suggestions for me to just calm down??

THANKS!

I have gone through a weird transition. About 3 years ago, I went through a phase of seeing a lot of women; dating some, hooking up with others, but all in all, not feeling very strong for them. Now, it seems that every girl I meet, I feel like I want to spend my entire life with and I fall in love. This is like after spending one or two times with them!

I feel so strong about them, that I have a hard time not calling them all the time and then I come off too upfront!

I do not like it at all, but I guess I am learning what big mistakes I was making by playing around with previous women. Has anyone been through a transition like this before - or have any suggestions for me to just calm down??

THANKS!

I have that problem. I day dream a bit too much. When you start to think about the person just tell yuorself to stop. Try and do something to keep your mind busy. Call a friend, read a book, read all the threads on this forum. Its hard. But those type of relationships take time to build & you dont want to create some fantasy relationship in your head thats completely different than your actual relationship in reality.

Thanks a ton Jilli & Alexi. Both your posts make sense and I think are right on point. Maybe I am ready to settle down.

And day-dreaming is right on point - I've planned out everything - haha.

Well, while it does hurt to be in this situation, I guess the one positive thing is that I've had some good luck and am meeting some beautiful people (inside and out) - some people never get this chance.

Thanks again!