Desperation, help

Pleae someone give me some advice im about to ask this girl out but i want to make sure that she likes me or else i dont want to make a arse outta myself beacuse then i wont be able to talk to her normally again.

today was our first day back from thanksgiving break and when i walked into class the girl i like was like [my name] I missed you and she gave me a hug i just want to know if this is just a friendly thing or do u think we might have something able to go here. Thank you for ur advice

Well she certainly isn't shy around you, and has already made some type of first move. Whether it's romantic or platonic, there's no way to tell just by that alone. Catch her alone, ask her if she'd like to get some dinner someplace, or just some other activity involving just the two of you in a public setting. If she's at all interested, you'll know right away.

Good luck

Well,

I have to agree with my friend and mentor Shy_Guy. This is obviously more than just friendly behaviour. I have read some of your past posts and although they are not all concurrent, some of them do add up. My advice to you is to bring her aside (don't do it in front of a million people, she might not want onlookers either) and ask her if she wants to go out some time. Be completely honest with her, let her know how you feel (without going overboard and scaring her away) and when you ask her, you will be able to tell immediately form her reaction if she feels the same way or not. Best of luck to you.