Does low self esteem still shine through?

ty99

Just wondering if being to shy around a girl or if you have semi-low self esteem in the ladies department from past experience and shakey self confidence... does that show through even if you don't think it does?

I am outgoing and funny, etc around girls, but underneeth i am always nervous and second guessing everything i do. They must be picking up on this somehow?

Probably, but fake it till you make it. Try to notice anything that you do non-verbally that might come accross and tip her off ie. nervous movements like rocking, eye contact, posture. Things like voice tone, projection, pacing of words. All these things are ultra important, more so than what you say often times.

Actually I think I'm quite similar to you ty99... I'm sociable and outgoing, especially with friends but I also have no problems flirting with girls... but underneath I am insecure and have low self esteem... I think this does come through, becuase I'm unsucessful with girls, I always chicken out of actually making a move, girl do seem to behave towards me as though i'm just being friendly or something, as opposed to seeing me as a serious option.

I would say that yes, if you can be outwardly confident, or fake it, then you do feel more confident in yourself you start to improve your self esteem.