How exactly does Karma work?

Ok...I know this is wrong you guys but every day now, the main feelings that I have about my exboyfriend are that I really want him to suffer the way he made me suffer. And it's so bad because I actually sit there and cry and hope that he'll see what he did to me and how he hurt me and I want him to hurt too. I know it's selfish and very evil of me to wish this but you don't understand the pain I am going through. And I just want him to realize that he did this horrible damage to me. Soo...

About Karma...how exactly does it work? I just feel like he got away with everything, from the cheating to the lying, to the manipulating and finally to the using. He was horrible to me and always made me feel like I was the one to blame...so now, I want him and that stupid girl he cheated on me with and left me for to suffer. Both of them. I'm just so pathetic right now and frustrated and I just want him to know and to feel what he did to me. Any help please? Thanks guys.

Beaker - I'm sorry! I feel bad. I can totally relate to those feelings too! I know the desire to want to see him suffer. I think that's really normal.

Obviously your good side knows that's not right, that's what prevents you from actively seeking revenge. But I guess, that's where Karma comes in. Or so the theory goes...

Just means that when you do someone wrong, you will have wrong done to you.

He may have "gotten away with it" when it comes to you, but he will get his in due time. I know we may think it will feel good and we will revel in it when his time comes and his heart is broken, but by then, you'll be happily married and have some beautiful children and he will be but a distant, barely recallable memory....

About Karma...how exactly does it work? I just feel like he got away with everything, from the cheating to the lying, to the manipulating and finally to the using. He was horrible to me and always made me feel like I was the one to blame...so now, I want him and that stupid girl he cheated on me with and left me for to suffer. Both of them. I'm just so pathetic right now and frustrated and I just want him to know and to feel what he did to me. Any help please? Thanks guys.

Karma in the traditional buddhist sense is not what it is portrayed as in the western world. Its a step in the cycle of repetitive behaviours basically as I understand it. Its where you need to break the cycle.

Eg. Your exBF cheats on you repeatedly. Eventually you find out and dump him. His repetitive behaviour lead him to slip up and get caught. Had he done it once he may have got away with it. But now he is without a GF and HE says karma got me.

It has nothing to do with external forces or beings and everythign to do with oneself. You cannot wish karma on someone else. God doesnt afflict someone with karma.

That's very true. What goes around does come around. I have seen that happen time and time again with people I know. It may not come back to him as he will be cheated on, but his life will be affected in some way. Who knows? Maybe or maybe not. But I think life is a balance and if we interject + energy, + energy is returned, and vice versa, just not immediately, but with time.

Thanks you guys for responding and for your advice...This reassurance really helps a lot like you wouldn't believe. I actually feel better now. I know it will get back to him. I know it will. But I have a question...do you think he'll think about me when it does? Like do you think he'll realize that the negative thing that happened to him was because of what he did to me?

I think the revenge would be sweeter if he didn't, don't you agree? Like, imagine something horrible befalling him that was caused directly by what he did to you. Imagine him growing older, married to another woman. Now, he can't help but cheat on this woman because he's so set in his ways. He really loves her, mind you, but he can't stop cheating because he doesn't know what love is, not really. Now, the dear wife finds out about what he's been doing and leaves him. He's devestated and broken and can never love again.

-OR-

He catches some horrible STD from one of the skanks he's cheating with.

Whichever you please. Stop beating yourself up for wishing him ill! I think this is healthy, as long as you don't act on it. Someday you'll forgive him, but no need to do that anytime soon.

HAHAHAHA...wow finewhine...that's pretty funny...thanks for making me laugh...it's so evil though (the STD thing)...lol...I wouldn't act on it...I want him to ruin his "happy relationship" himself...and she's no better because she knew we were going out and she still insisted on having an affair with him and slowly prying him out of my arms. They'll probably end up hurting each other...He never even had the decency to tell me...I found out on myspace...can you believe that? Well...they probably will end up hurting each other in the long run. Thanks again.