achtung_bebe

I'm rapidly approaching thirty and I've never been kissed. When I was twenty, it didn't bother me that I was never in a relationship because I assumed that nature would take its course, and I would find someone eventually. Now that I'm approaching the big 3-0, I find that my selection is diminishing. Most people my age are married with children. I've tried the personals, only to get responses from people 15+ my senior. I noticed that the women my age seem to go from relationship to relationship, and some even juggle boyfriends; a lot of the women at work all have a bevy of beaus waiting in line for them. Everyone knows I'm single, so I must be looking in the wrong places. Where can a nice financially independent gal go to find a guy who will treat me right? By the way, I'm spiritual, but I'm not affiliated with any organized religion.

achtung - Welcome to ENA!

I see you said you've tried some places, have you tried that Match dot com place? Or any religiously afflicated places? I realize you don't have a particular affiliation yourself but if you're not opposed to trying some....

What about speed dating? That always looked like a cool thing to try to me....

I'd also suggest dating websites, they have been quite good for me... met some really great people, and dating a few right now although I'm not sure any will lead to a relationship per se... I'll have to see... other places I've met people are at clubs (you can maybe try taking an evening course? that's where my aunt met her husband, at a psychology course for adults or something, at a local college), I met people through clubs/sports at school, parties and through friends. Also just be open to being friendly with people, and talking with people... just practice your social skills. I'm sure you'll be fine... it may just mean you having to take some initiative. Good luck and take care.

I'm 30 y/o and never kissed any girl in my life.

I've never asked to kiss a girl in my life, except a couple of weeks ago.

I sat opposite my friend on the table, and asked her, on this date, "What was the most craziest thing she ever did?" She told me. Then she asked me what was the craziest thing I ever did. So I told her to close her eyes, and I'd not only tell her, I'd demonstrate it to her. She never trusted me enough to close her eyes as she opened it right back again. (I was going to go over the table and kiss her - yes, that would have been my first kiss, and craziest stunt in my life, darn, I even lucked out there, I couldn't believe it). She kept asking me what was up my sleeve, and I kept telling her to close her eyes and I'd show her.

At the end of the date, she said "Hug", and I hugged her, then I said "Kiss", and she said "eventually", then I told her the 'suprize' was actually a 'kiss', and she was like 'ok'. She apologized afterwards and said she will kiss me later when the moment is right. I sent an email saying that I understood, and put a mock 'kiss ' icon on in a rash decision.

Well, I'm only inclined to seek kisses from people I'm romantically interested in. I've only asked one person, because I romantically like her, and it's also a way of conveying or maintaining my romantic interest or expressing love and acceptance, more than just an exercise of lip suction or something.

I tried the online personals (yahoo, dreammates, etc), but I get responses from people who are 15+. I also tried eharmony - the matches were better, but all my matches were far from me - none were closer than 400 miles away. I tend to be weary about long distance relationships. I think that I would definitely try speed dating. I usually can tell if I want to be with a guy within a few minutes of meeting him.

Luke Skywalker - good luck with your friend. It sounds like you have a real chance with her. Just give it some time and hopefully she'll reciprocate the same romantic feelings for you.

I too could never kiss someone I wasn't romantically attracted to. I dated people in the past who were interested in me, but since I wasn't interested in them, I felt uninclined to seek kisses.

Dont stress about it, there is alot of people out there that are in the point of dating. I sugest you look for people at places you go to often. Dateing sites are nice place to start but dont stop there. I know this might not see like alot coming form a 23 year-old. Hey my first kiss was from my ex and she had to tell me to kiss her. I give all my best and hope.