Have you ever changed your mind about a first date?

AloneAgain2006

I've never experienced that, but I have experienced the opposite. Where I hung out with someone and was convinced they were awesome and I liked them a lot, and then the more I got to know them, the less I like them.

First impressions aren't everything. Most people know to look a little deeper before deciding things like that.

Im in a similar situation to you at the moment but I think you will know in your gut if you will ever want to be with them in that way or not. Today I went on a date with a really lovely guy but the sparks just weren't there for me and I don't think I will ever end up fancying him because there was no attraction at all. I think you need the whole package - a person who you are attracted to mentally, emotionally and physically. It will happen.

I think the opposite happens more than this, and I think that can be a shame in some cases. I never would have thought I would be in a relationship with my current love if I hadn't given it a shot- at first I thought we were way past the 'friendzone', since we had lived in the same house and been friends for over 2 years before we started a relationship. I am still thankful that I considered a relationship, he's the best person ever to enter my life.

I think it CAN happen, but over time. I think forcing more than 4 dates if things don't seem to click is too much, but it could be that you are more suited for each other later in life. Time can change things, people mature and have different lifestyles.

Ilse