Members Sound Off - If You Love Something, Let It Go?

If You Love Something, Let It Go?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. If You Love Something, Let It Go?

• Absolutely!
    • HA! If I love something or someone, I'm not letting them go, I'm going to fight for it!
    • Yeah right! If they loved me, they wouldn't have left in the first place.
    • Still waiting to see if it's true.

You know when you let someone go, you often are taking away the things that they like to receive from you, whatever it is. When that's gone, it can be like you pulled the rug out from under them. If hey want to stop falling, they come back.

Great point. This is one scenario where the "if you love someone set them free" philosophy is foolish and won't work.

Say A and B are in love. B is dependant on A (you decide if it's financially or emotionally). B cheats on A and A kicks B to the curb. B is a sissy and can't deal with the pain of what she did. B is also emotionally (or financially) dependant on A. B pleads and promises. A, like an idiot, takes B back, thinking "I loved her and set her free, she came back, now she is mine forever!!!!" B came back for selfish reasons, not love. A did it for love, but is too blind to see the truth. Will this relationship work?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I chose "Still Finding Out If It Is True" because I am in a situation where I don't know how this guy feels for me due to unbelievably nuts circumstances, but nevertheless I am aware that if I knew for sure whether he harbors a liking or love for me, I wouldn't want to just love him and leave him because in all honesty, it is clear to me that he and I are a perfect match. So I don't want to just leave the guy and find out in ten years that had we finally gotten together it would have been wonderful, but instead we didn't and things turned out wretched, you know? Like, why risk giving up what is the best thing for you for the chance that maybe you'll find another? Why bother continuing the search when you might have it here and in front of you now? That's where I'm coming from.