Begone woman!

She's coming to pick the last of her stuff up today, after not bothering for the last 2 months I got tired of seeing it so I told her she needs to pick it up as soon as. This WILL NOT be like the last time she picked up her stuff, back then I was certain I would just let her get her things then say goodbye, instead we talked and reminisced and it turned into a really horrible scene... She's not coming in, there'll be no conversation, just a smile, a "Hi", hand her the box and "Bye!", close door... easy isn't it? I need to stay in control of the situation and come out of this one with a bit of dignity, for once.

erm, ok, I'm pretty mixed up right now... She came round and everything went fine until she said that she thought she owed me an explanation. So I let her speak, she said she loves me, she made a mistake leaving me and wants to give us another chance. I told her I need to think about things, so here I sit, numb, I'm experiencing so many emotions I don't know what to do. Thanks for your support.

Honestly I wouldn't bother. I have done the getting back together thing numerous times, and I have never stayed in those relationships. If things couldn't work out the first time, why would they the second?

Of course she misses you now...today you told her you're closing the door on her and on the past...that scares her. You are probably a good alternative to no one....

Did she leave you for someone else? I was searching through your posts and couldn't find anything solid...

If you do get back together you (both of you) need to know:

a. what went wrong?

b. can those problems be fixed?

c. are you sure you love each other enough to make it through some tough times fixing them?

d. can you forgive?

There is a risk of having your heart broken again - but there is always risk in a relationship.

Yeah, it's very strange at the moment, I'm not afraid to admit i'm pretty terrified. I still love her, I tried to get angry and hate her but I couldn't, so I can't just ignore this chance to be with her again. I really don't know what the future holds, I know where our relationship went wrong and her view on that today matched what I already thought, so as to whether we can make it... I guess we won't know until we try. I was just starting to realise I could be happy again without her, so I owe it to myself to continue working on myself in the meantime, so hopeful I won't be quite so destroyed should this happen again... 2 months of heartache, I won't let that be for nothing.

Let us know what you decide. Whatever it is here we will be here to help. But if you do decide to try again make sure she is genuinely in love with you and wants you and the relationship. Sometimes people get scared after a break-p and want the familiarity and comfort of the person and relationship they left. Both she and you must know the difference.