I am baffled.

Why is it that I can accommodate fingers, other parts of male anatomy etc with no problem, but I cannot physically insert tampons? It's like...brick wall!

I can absolutely guarantee that I don't have a hymen or any physiological obnormality (owing to the fact I can have sex and I've had examinations..etc).

Any advice? Am I aiming at the wrong angle? Isn't it meant to be towards your lower back?

It may be your are getting really nervous about the idea and tightening up?

When I was learning, the easiest way to insert them was with one leg up on something (a bench/stool for example). If you are having trouble, applying some KY Jelly to top of applicator can help insertion a lot. Relax, breathe, and insert maybe as you are releasing a breath.

Insert the upper part of the tampon applicator (that holds the tampon basically right in), and push the plunger in...the tampon should be right up where you cannot actually feel it (the muscles hold it in, and this area of vagina has no 'sensation' as we know it).

And yes, angle a bit back...BUT...some women have vaginal canals that tip more forward, so try to go more "up" than back....once it is in, it should slide into the direction your vaginal canal goes.

I can't do it either. Before I got married, I figured it was just because I was a virgin. But since I've been married, I've tried several different kinds, and they are simply not comfortable. Most women I know that use them say that you can't feel them once they're in, but I feel like I am sitting on something at all times. Maybe it's because we have shorter canals or something, who knows. Pads are just fine with me!

When I was learning I used to get into a squating position to do it. Its all about the angles, if its right it goes right in. Oh , I prefer Tampax brand.

Too much info???? haaaaaaaaaaa!

It is a good point to try different brands too, I find some are a lot harder to use then others. Some are smoother and glide better.

Tampax Pearl is a good one as they are easier to hold, but I prefer ones with cardboard applicators (environmental reasons) and like the Playtex "Beyond" brands which I find are pretty good as well.

My partner basically can't use tampons. She can however accommodate other things ...

One thing that strikes me (and I'm a guy, so dismiss this at your own discretion) when sexually aroused, there is lubrication and the readying of the female body in other ways to accept a male organ. I think it's fairly safe to conclude (at least most of the time if not all!) that conditions of sexual arousal are not present when inserting a tampon.

my sister isnt able to use them either.. i think shes given up and avoids them now anyway.

you can use tampons or lilettes (i think.. correct me if im wrong) maybe you should vary the brand.. lol. experiment

maybe your body geuinely doesnt find it a comfortable experience..

until i got used to using mine i know i suffered from a stoumach ache or cramps for a little while (aside from the usual lol, im not dim

alot of females dont use them. i have no idea why.

ive tried so many times as well, and it doesnt work out. if i get it in, it feels unconfortable and i can feel it. but pads are just fine.

i use Always pads the small peite ones. there very confortable and i dont even know im wearing one

Try with the smallest kind of tampon - the one for the lighter days. I find plastic applicators a lot easier than cardboard. With plastic I never have problems anymore, except when right after a shower - then I have to tell myself to relax or it hurts when bringing it in.

Do not give up too easily. The problems that women describe here seem to have more to do with still feeling the tampon once it is inside. Your problem is about getting it in in the first place. It took me several attempts on different occasions before I understood how to do it, but once you learn it, it should be easy. Be gentle with yourself and don't force anything.

I've only gone one period without tampons and that was my first. Pads felt like I was wearing a nappy and they were supposed to be the slim "don't know they're there types". Wrong.

I would recommend using lubricant and just practicing. The applicators help but I find it really uncomfortable actually pushing it in with the applicator. I prefer just the regular type.