One Year Later (Must Read)

Mstamos

Hey everyone......Well it has been exactly one year since my girlfriend of 6 years had left me. I came to this forum seeking advice and to vent my frustrations. It was nice to know people were reading my posts, and nice reading other posts and knowing that this type of thing (as much as it sucks) happens to everyone, all the time. As hard as it was, I started no contact. Over the course of the year I came to find that my ex was seeing my good friend behind my back and now are planning on marrying eachother. I haven't heard from her or seen her since she left me.

I met someone new in January and recently we celebrated our 6 month anniversary together. She is amazing and I love her so much! I now see that I was in an unhealthy relationship with my ex. The new relationship has really showed me what being in love/in a healthy relationship really is like. I can take my mistakes I made in my previous relationship and apply it to my new one.

I just wanted to tell everyone who is at the place I was at year ago right now, that it does get better. As bad as it seems, it does get better. One chapter closes and another one opens in the book we call life. Sometimes something bad has to happen in order to make you see clearly, and bring about better/greater things. For that I thank God.

Even if you are alone now, you won't be forever. Life is beautiful. Just enjoy it. Enjoy being alive and being healthy.

-Matt

Beautiful post Mstamos. Though I like to think that I am pretty much over my ex and can see things a lot clearer, reading inspirational posts like yours always makes me happy. Makes me believe in a better future and that all things really do happen for a reason...thanks

Congrats on your new relationship.

I know that I will find happiness again. Right now I am not in a place to get into something new. However, when the time comes I know my next relationship will be 100 times better than my last.

Best wishes to you and thanks for the post.

Even if you are alone now, you won't be forever. Life is beautiful. Just enjoy it. Enjoy being alive and being healthy.

Thank you for providing some much needed inspiration!

Life can be rough, but it will taste that much sweeter on the other side of those tough times...