Feel really bad -- totally ruined my diet. :(

Well I've just been trying to eat healthy lately... but I have a major essay due today and the library cafeteria doesn't serve the most healthy food. And the most edible healthy option (sandwhiches) I've been having for lunch & dinner the last few days so I didn't want it again. So I had a pizza. And since I'm severely sleep deprived, also a Starbucks iced vanilla capuccino since I don't like coffee..

I've just had bagels & sandwhiches the last few days and now feel like a blown-up balloon. I've also been so busy I haven't had time to work out. My jeans already feel tighter.

I guess I just feel guilty. On the side, I've also slipped in the occasional cookie/chocolate and capuccinos to keep me going...

Now my whole diet has gone to hell.

No it hasn't.

How about trying to change your eating habits rather than "dieting"? When I decided to eat healthier, I made a conscious effort to not eat junk food, to look up what it's made of, and tell myself I don't need that crap. I consciously decided I like WHOLE foods better, and didn't like processed foods.

Heck, I still eat some junk food now and again, if I have a pizza, I'll get extra veggies on it, I LOVE my lattes with full fat milk, I'll have nachos with a cream cheese based nacho dip. I even splurge and get a veggie burger from BK when I'm craving it.

Remember that it's not a day's worth of food that will make or break you. It is your general eating habits. If you eat well 90% of the time, when you slip up 10% of the time, your body can deal with that.

I agree.

I think you're allowed to cheat or reward yourself a little.

I mean, you've been doing so awesome and that pizza and capp really won't hurt you. If you have it every day from now on, it will, but once is fine.

Besides bagels and sandwhiches all the time is healthy but still has carbs...not as much as pizza, granted, but some. Eat more salads, protein, complex carbs...if you eat bagels and sandwhiches, make it whole wheat or rye...if you already do, good for you

Hey,

Well that is what my 'diet' has been, except for the last few days since I've lived at the library pretty much, and had a bagel & apple for breakfast, salad for lunch (yesterday) and pita for dinner. Day before pretty much the same except sub salad for sandwhich, and vegetable soup for dinner... pretty healthy. I usually try to eat healthy, and only eat things with whole wheat bread... I'm very conscious of that. This was the first time I've had a cookie (besides organic cookies, since they don't have any trans fat) in at least a month and same with a chocolate bar...

I guess it's just disappointing since I've been doing so well. And now I just had a pizza. Now I just feel really heavy. Maybe it's because my body isn't used to it either... like on the show Survivor when they were only eating rice/bugs, and then ate a hamburger and got sick afterwards... maybe my body is not used to it so it just feels blown up? But still... bagels have a lot of complex carbs & cappucinos have sugar too, and I've been having that for the last few days. I probably have gained weight.

This is why people fall of diets - because they slip up, and decide, well I failed, might as well keep failing at it.

But no....remember it is a LIFESTYLE. If you eat an entire pizza one night all to yourself, you just have to get back on track and go back to eating healthy rather then use it a reason to fail!

Even I sometimes will splurge more, but it's only now and then, and it does not derail me from my healthy lifestyle.

So get back on track, that's all there is to it.

Don't obsess.

Your weight changes every day. If you become weight-conscious, you'll just get angry. If you really want to see results, weigh yourself, measure yourself and do the diet for a month and then again, weigh and measure.

When leading a healthy lifestyle, it's what you do most of the time that counts. When dieting, an occasional slip-up or cheat will not hurt you. In fact it can actually help you. It can trick your metabolism/body into thinking it can eat whatever it wants- and as a result it prevents you from storing calories/fat or reachign a plateau.

Where people go wrong is that they let occasional set-backs discourage them, and then they start to eat bad even MORE due to depression over failing on a diet.

Give yourself a treat now and then- maybe limit it to one treat a week. Don't worry if you're not perfect 100% of the time.

I love pizza too, and I let myself have it about once every 2 weeks.

You can make it healthier by making your own, and using whole wheat dough and 2% cheese...it makes it a little healthier.

BellaDonna

whenever i don't feel time to workout, i just use stuff around to see whether they can be put to use.

hmm i even workout while i am bathing...eeh.

i don't follow a diet but then not everyone has the control over it. Try not to feel bad about it.

If not today then next day....but do make it someday

• 12 years later...

Archived