New Start???!!!

Hi there I'm currently on a break with my g/f of 3 1/2 years unfortunately we saw each other Xmas because she started work at my office (both students) which I thought defeated the point anyways she is quite cold to me and won't talk at all about the relationship/possible and gets angry when I suggest I have a right to know where I stand. As a person she has changed alot I think its being at university (2nd year). I love her alot and I want this break to work and let her get on with her studies but also hopefully realise what we have, I neglected her in the past (nothing major just starting college etc) but whenever I say how I am feeling she always throws the past in my face. Because this break is indefinite ... she wants to see what happens I really feel in limbo I trust her completely that when she says she loves me she does. I keep telling myself this is just a phase but my head is telling me otherwise I m up and down every day help!!!!!!

I neglected her in the past (nothing major just starting college etc) but whenever I say how I am feeling she always throws the past in my face.

This is common, you have to convince her you understand what she is actually saying, that you are listening, and that those mistakes will not be made again.

But don't do it in a begging way, you'll both be embarrassed

Dan

Talk to her one last time and then give her all the space she needs. Apologize for your shortcomings in the past and tell her how you feel, how you want to change for the better for her. Be honest and straight forward. Tell her that you respect her decision and although it's very difficult for you, you're willing to leave her alone for now to think things through. Don't be too persistent and just say whatever feels right. After that, there's really nothing left to do but wait. Try to give her as much space as possible, if you used to contact her daily try to reduce it to once a week. In the meantime, instead of wallowing in self-pity or crying in the dark all day, work on yourself. And since this break-up you say is indefinite, wouldn't you want to be at your best when she decides to return? So treat yourself and try to stay positive.

When she's ready to talk, I'm sure she knows where to find you.