Weird circumstance...

This is a very weird circumstance I have been battling within myself since I began liking boys...I like a person, find out they like me, and when he makes the first move to want to be with me, I freak out, and try to cut off all ties with him. I get annoyed of him calling me, and get scared whenever I see him. I soon began to see all of the faults that are covered up when u initially fall for them(looks, etc.) and I wonder what other people would think of us together....I'm not sure if anyone can help me, but i'd sure appreciate it! Why do I freak out when a boy I like, likes me? Why am I so scared of relationships?...help!

Perhaps you are still in a mode of imagination and are experiencing feelings of disbelief when the thing you wanted is actually coming true. Scratch that! Maybe you are afraid to mess up something that could be great. It's easy to fantasize about success, but carrying your fantasies out in reality is often difficult. I can relate: One time I was totally obsessed with this girl that I felt was out of my league. I wrote her poetry and made my feelings evidently clear but she showed no signs of attraction. I began to give up, and then out of no where, she told me that she wanted to give me a chance. I was so shocked that I didn't know how to act. I was scared of committing to it even though it had been the thing I had yearned for for endless months. I showed indecisiveness which caused her to change her mind later. This is an example of how being afraid to take a chance when an opportunity is given to you can leave you with nothing but regret. Next time you get a chance, go for it! Don't make the same mistake I made.