He wouldn't write me back or receive my calls

It all started when I met my Ex-boyfriend in May, I was a senior, and he was a junior in high school. He seemed pretty interested in me and even asked me out so I said yes and began to like him too. So we sent each other emails a lot and talked on the phone and were pretty close.

We went out on a date 3 months ago but he seemed really shy around me.. Well, I sent him an email but one day he just stopped writing, I tried to call him many times but he wouldn't answer his phone. This was like two months ago. Since then I sent him 2 more emails telling him I was sorry when I didn't even do anything wrong but he didn't write me back, so I lost hope and gave up. I don't know what happened. Now I'm a college freshman, and he is a high school senior.

Some days I sit at my computer just waiting for him to write to me, some days I cry, some days I am mad at what he did, then days turn into weeks, weeks months and I still feel miserable and confused but doing my best to be strong and cope. But I also know I need to forget about this and move on because there are other guys out there.

What do you do when someone won't write to you or receive your calls? I think its one of the worst things they can do, because they kind of leave you hanging. If its over I would rather him tell me that it was over rather than just disappear. Has anyone else gone through this?

-If you read this, thank you.

Hi - welcome to eNotalone. Unfortunately, no answer is your answer. I'm sure that you did nothing wrong. It just sounds like he never had the guts to just say, "I'm sorry - I'm not interested."

You have to realize that it's not a reflection of you, or something that you did wrong on the date. For whatever reason, he decided that he didn't see a romantic future with you, so he decided to "disappear." And, you should just let him disappear. He's not the one for you. He could have at least told you that he wasn't interested, but he didn't. But, I think his lack of a response is definitely screaming "I'm not interested!"

I've been in your shoes before and I know that it hurts. But really... No answer is your answer!

Forget him. Let go of your anger towards him and move onto other men. Good luck.

Welcome too, yea, you're not alone. Surprisingly...I've learned a lot this summer alone, and one thing(even tho I'm not like a 'karma' believer) that's shown itself, is "What goes around, comes around." It seems too somehow always work in my case, b/c a girl I dated earlier in this year, did pretty much the same thing your b/f did(even tho I wasn't her b/f, we were just dating). She just kinda cut me off without much explanation, but then...sometime along midsummer, I get a random call from her, and after a little small talk, she dove into it and apologized for what she'd done and wanted to make sure I didn't hate her. Actually just saw her this weekend too for the first time in a while.

Anyways...enough of my story, I think in some way or another, this guy will get what's coming too him. Just move on and date other guys, and in more ways than one you'll learn how that's the best way to forget about someone and what they've done to you. Good luck

Caasopia68 - She said:

I tried to call him many times but he wouldn't answer his phone.

She's called many times and sent several e-mails without any response from him. To continue to contact after they are not reciprocating makes a person a stalker.

I made that mistake back when I was 13. A mutual friend actually called me and said, "S told me he wants you to stop calling him." Wow - that was embarrassing!

Caasopia68 - She said:

I tried to call him many times but he wouldn't answer his phone.

She's called many times and sent several e-mails without any response from him. To continue to contact after they are not reciprocating makes a person a stalker.

nah.. I only called him a couple times within the same day. He sent me an email to call him so I did and he didn't respond. Jerk. I didn't want to

waste my time on it anymore. Its moreso the email thing that gets me. But it was a total waste of time and I really regret

I even had a relationship with him.

That's the spirit! Now, don't waste another second of your time on him.

Now that I thought about it for a few minutes, every single person I know had that happen to them at some point. Even the most beautiful and popular girls and guys - happens to them too. It's ok - you're in good company.

I don't get this at all... B/c its really weird.

He finally sent me an email today explaining that he is not mad at me and hopes Im not mad at him. He told me to have a good day? Thats all he wrote. What does this mean? Do I respond to it? I've been applying NC for a while now. Im so confused b/c I really like him and miss him but should I respond?

I wouldn't respond. That's not much of an e-mail. From my point of view, it seems like he just means he's not into you romantically, but he hopes that there are no hard feelings. But, that's just my guess.

I wouldn't respond unless he had something more concrete to say. I would do NC, focus on your healing. You'll find someone else. Good luck