So here I am

OK, so here's the deal. I was with my g.f. for 5 years. I have had a problem with anxiety for most of that time and it stopped me from going out and doing alot of things with her. So a about 1.5 months ago, she finally couldn't take it anymore and She left one night to go and visit a friend and she didn't come back. I didn't hear from her for 4 days. Finally, l track her down and ask her what the !&^$!. She tells me that because of my nerves, and the fact that my parents didn't like her much, it was over. Just like that. I thought things were going fairly smooth and then BAM! All of the sudden it's over. So like the rest of you, I cried and Moaned and Groaned for like two weeks straight. I felt like dying. And then certain circumstances brought me to another city about 100 miles away. Thankfully, we still talk on the phone like once a week because I told her that if I couldn't have her as a lover, then I sure as hell wasn't going to lose my best friend also. The point to all of this is that i still love her dearly and she knows it. I haven't asked her to get back with me because I just want to lay low for a while. but I am doing much better with my nerves and I am now in a position which would permit me to go out with her to places and not have a major panic attack. I am going to move back to where she is as soon as possible. Not only because she is there but because I love that city. I just need a little advice on how long I should give it before I suggest giving it another go? And since we are still friends, what does that do to the odds. Just lonely in love. Thanks

Man, I can tell you from recent experience that I pushed too hard for us to get back together and all it did for me was lose her love and friendship. What if you had a crystal ball that told you that if you left her alone for 5 years you would end up back together? You wouldn't push it for 5 years right? Who knows what the future holds for anybody but don't cut that future short with demands. I cut mine short and I friggin' regret it! If only I had that kind of advice 2 months ago I wouldn't be in this mess and she would still talk to me. Learn from my mistake.

That advice you gave me was great, but I encountered some problems in the process. I bumped into her last week and threw a monkey wrench into the whole leave her alone deal. She couldn't talk and she flew away. I got home and emailed her and it made it even worse. She didn't respond. I'm still in love with her and I have this guilt and regret that I'm living for and I believe that she wants me to hurt now, because I hurt her. The fact that she was hurt, meant that she did care, but what happens to those feelings when that wall is built. How in God's green earth do we break it down, because it seems like I once had all the tools and now everything I do, just reinforced it.

Help!