jemr

I need help!!!!

I am pregnant (10 weeks) and also have a 2 year old daughter. I desperately need advise. I don't know how to manage my pregnancy and still take care of my daughter. I feel sick to my stomach the hole day, I am tired and get upset very easily also the fact that my daughter is now in her terrible 2s does not help.

I need help!!!!

I am pregnant (10 weeks) and also have a 2 year old daughter. I desperately need advise. I don't know how to manage my pregnancy and still take care of my daughter. I feel sick to my stomach the hole day, I am tired and get upset very easily also the fact that my daughter is now in her terrible 2s does not help.

Sorry to hear you are having a rough pregnancy, I have known some women who even without "health" issues in pregnangy like blood pressure or anything, just have terrible months.

Eat frequently, small things like saltine crackers, bananas, items which keep tummy settled better.

And do you have help? Family/friends who can come over and at least help out with the tougher things like bath time, while you can take it easier but still be with your daughter?

As for the moods, the changes in hormones will do that, just be conscious of it, talk to your family about how you are more sensitive, and when you do "overreact", take a time out, breathe, even do some yoga/meditiation, come back, talk, apologize and all that. Try not to get more stressed out about reacting in order to make it worse!

The important thing is to try and keep the stress low...and I would also let your OB/GYN know you are having a rough time - sometimes they have some insider tips or natural remedies that are safe to use in pregnancy.

Hey jemr,

Is the father involved? How is your relationship with your parents, and do they live closeby?

If you feel like there is really no possibility of getting someone close to you to care for your 2 year old, you might consider talking to your GP and ask for support. I have no children and have no idea what you are going through, but I know that my mom was very ill when she was pregnant of my sister and we have had a help in the house for a couple of years.

I believe the sickness is supposed to become less over time, how did you experience your first pregnancy?

Take care,

Ilse.

Really you need to ask for help, i know its prolly really hard n everything, but just ask for help, you cant have your head in a toliet all day n take care of a daughter who has temer tantrums n thinks anything n everything that can fit in her mouth is a great thing to eat! ASK FOR HELP dont take it all on yourself..you need the extra help n gidance.

I am married to the father; however he works during the day while I stay at home. And unfortunately my family is very far from me. I am not sure if you know Canada however I live in British-Columbia (west coast of Canada) and my family is in Quebec (east coast of Canada) I just moved hear so I don't know anyone. I've tried finding a daycare for my daughter so she could go in the morning however there is a 3 year waiting list. I guess that I'm really finding it hard since I feel (and am) all alone hear. I know it will get better, it's just for the meantime it's very hard.

As for my pregnancy with my daughter, I found out I was pregnant and I was already in my last trimester. So in other words I had a really easy pregnancy with her.

I'm in Downtown Vancouver. I know it would be easy, however I've lived here since November 2004 and I don't even know my neighbours names. When I say that I don't know anyone here it really means that I don't know anyone here. Well not true I know the people my husband works with unfortunately they are all men and I would not trust them to take care of my daughter.

I know a family that lives in BC, Chillywack, and i know they would gladly help you out, n they really are trust worthy, no lie, but idk how far that is, i think its fairly far though..lol sorry i would totaly help you out but im a lot far away..just put it this way..maybe your husband can take 1 day off every other week or something n really help out, sense there is nothing else he really can do, or maybe, work it out, day time is your time to work then you get it off till a certain time point, you know what i mean? im sure he would be willing to work with you..

My best advice as Raykay said, try to keep crackers by your bed and munch on them before you even get out of bed in the morning. Drink Gingerale, there is a componant in it that helps to settle the stomach. Does your daughter still take a nap in the afternoon? Take one at the same time.

If not, a 2 year old could definitely use an afternoon nap, maybe the two of you could set up a "nap time" in your bed together in the afternoon for a couple of hours, and get you some much needed rest.

Drink plenty of fluids and eat right, it's important to keep up your energy. And do talk to your OB/Gyn, see if you can find a mom's group that you can join for support, maybe you can even meet someone who will be willing to watch your daughter for a few hours a couple of days a week.

Good luck!

Thank you all for your support. I found out that there is a mom's group at our community center so I will join up and I also found out that there is a program to help mothers during there pregnancy and they take care of your children while you go and do your things. It's only for a couple of hours however it will help a lot. Thanks again for every thing.

Thank you all for your support. I found out that there is a mom's group at our community center so I will join up and I also found out that there is a program to help mothers during there pregnancy and they take care of your children while you go and do your things. It's only for a couple of hours however it will help a lot. Thanks again for every thing.

YEAH!

Glad to hear this jemr.....sounds like a great option for you, and a great way to meet some other mom's.

Good luck

My friend is a first time mom to an 11 month old baby girl and she is the first of her friends to have a baby, and her mom is 3 hours away by car, so she kind of felt alone and unsure when she first gave birth. She joined a first time mom's group and they have been a great help. She's made lots of friends, they share tips on child raising, go to mom's day at the movies with the kids, go to the park, etc.

It's been a big help to her.

I hope you find some support there, and keep us updated!