One week post-break up. Read this, it's good news!

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to post a message to everyone who's currently going through a break up. I know everyone will tell you this, but it DOES get better.

Honestly.

Don't get me wrong, I have good days and bad days. Sometimes I still burst into tears without really knowing why. Sometimes I see all my friends in their happy relationships and I feel really lonely. But I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Truly, it's so liberating to be able to do anything you want, and answer to anyone. I'm trying to take care of myself, look my best, and have fun wherever I am.

It's tough at first, but please! Take joy in the fact that you can go out, talk and flirt with whomever you choose, and just be SELFISH! It's really great.

I'm starting to not even miss my ex. I've still got a long way to go, but I'm gaining a fresh perspective and I realize that he didn't treat me well and that I can do better.

I hope everyone out there is doing okay...and I promise, you WILL feel better!

Thanks Catfood

I'm in a very similar situation have got some activities and pampering sessions planned for the next few weeks to help me get through

I've just been kind to myself, not given myself a hard time and yes, flooding with tears, it's amazing.... it can happen anywhere, for me that was at work

It takes time as you can't just switch the love off, some days are better than others, I'm not doing too much as I'm meant to be studying, but I just can't concentrate at the moment, so just giving myself a break

I came accross a good book called stop getting dumped, it's only small but it is choc full of good advice, their website is has great advice on breakups too.