Kinda long..but read it please..i need some help..

hi, in my other posts ive mentioned a guy ive known all my life and how we got together last weekend. ever since that night weve talked for hours every night bout me, him, us..he tells me how beautiful i am and how hes always liked me but since hes 23, he was afraid to act on it cuz he didnt know how i felt..until that night. hes been telln me how much he cares..and hes like u dont even understand..im crazy about you and i miss you so much, i miss u now, even tho we are talkin and i wanna see you.

My problem is..why cant i believe him? i mean, hes so gorgeous, maybe thats why. he tells me how his ex cheated on him and i asked if he would ever do that..and hes like i would never do that..its like the golden rule. so i feel like i can trust him on that..we're not dating or anything but we may in the future..for now i think we have to keep it on the down low..cuz of our family..they wouldnt be very supportive i know..but we cant help it..no one can help who they are attracted to..

ANy way..im gettin off the subject here..what i wanna know is..why am i having trouble believing he really does care? we are gettin together tomorrow night and ill be with him til wednesday.should i talk to him about it ? have him prove it? see if he just shows me how he feels?

Please help, im goin tomorrow afternoon, so i need advice lol!

8)

*Sarah*

I would be worried too if my 17 year old daughter wanted to date a 23 year old. That would definitely send up some red flags for most of us moms. That said, I think it's probably just insecurities that keep you from trusting him. I wouldn't "test" him. I would take things slow. I'm sure if it's meant to be everything will fall into place. Good luck!

ANy way..im gettin off the subject here..what i wanna know is..why am i having trouble believing he really does care? we are gettin together tomorrow night and ill be with him til wednesday.should i talk to him about it ? have him prove it? see if he just shows me how he feels?

Please help, im goin tomorrow afternoon, so i need advice lol!

I wouldn't mention it so early on in the relationship. There is a risk of scaring him away, I think. Trust is something that is built up-- it can take time for you to believe that someone adores you!

The age difference can be a factor as well, are you afraid he's more experienced, and that you'd do things that you are not ready for? Or is it your gut telling you that he's too smooth to be genuine?

Take care and take it easy!

Ilse.