Apple

My ex is sending me harrasing emails and I am going to report it to the police. We've been separated 3 years after 3 years together. He has been seeing a counselor and taking different mental medications. Im just so tired of the way he behaves. Does anyone have suggestions for proving harrasment. I have never addressed with any authorities because i just felt he was sick and no one would believe me anyway. My son loves him like crazy but i can tell he recognizes his mental issues because he's always trying to be his caretaker. Im so upset about his latest ploy I just cant stand it.

I just got a new job at a credit union. He called them (I start next Monday) and told them he was concerned about me having access to his account. I havent even started! And I have tried so hard to be civil and separate our lives. But he finds anyway he can to be a part of my life

Does anyone have advice about this Im sure we will end up in our 3rd court battle in 3 years once i start this ball rolling. Im just so tired of him harrasing me.

Wow, I'm sorry for you. What a creep.

I guess you've kept and preinted out his e-mails to show the police? I would tell the police about the call he made to your work, too. Maybe you could get the person who actually spoke to him to make a statement about what he said?

From now on keep a record of any incidents. I think the police take stalking/harassment cases of this type fairly seriously. Even if nothing is done this time, it's best to make a report which the police will keep on record, then next time something happens there'll be a pattern.

Good luck.

Well certainly the best way to prove something is to have evidence. And emails are great evidence. With phone calls you'd have to tape them or find other ways of proving what he said. But with emails everything is right out there to see.

Keep the original emails in whatever account he sent them to. Don't just print them out, that isn't good enough. You need to keep all the identifying information so that they can trace the email back to him.

What you will likely want to do is to get a restraining order preventing him from contacting you. Then if he violates it you can have him arrested and/or pursue civil damages. The police can tell you how to go about filing things and getting this all set up.

Ugh. Good luck. I know this must be very unpleasant for you.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Discussions this Week

• Our picks

• Why You Should NEVER Chase Your Ex
      You should NEVER chase your ex, no matter what... even if you want to get back together. In this video, I’ll explain what exactly I mean by that… and why it’s so important if you want your ex back. Here's the simple truth: if you DO want to give yourself the best possible chance of starting over with your ex, you simply CANNOT let yourself start chasing them… it just doesn’t work, even though it’s the natural human reaction to a breakup and often feels like the right way to get them back. Even if you DON'T want your ex back, you still shouldn't let yourself chase after them. Watch the full video to find out why...

• 0 replies
    • How Do You Know She’s The One? 5 Signs She’s The One & 1 Red Flag! 🚩
      How Do You Know She’s The One? 5 Signs She’s The One & 1 Red Flag! 🚩... In this dating advice video, I will explain to you how to know she’s the one and give you five signs she’s the one as well as give you one red flag that you need to look out for. You may want to know whether she’s the one on first dates, online dating, or somewhere in the dating process. Take heed to these dating tips and be sure to watch the entire video.

• 0 replies
    • 5 Odd Signs You're Seeking Approval from Others Outside of Yourself
      In this YouTube Video, Lisa A Romano discusses 5 signs that indicate you're still seeking approval from others outside of you. If you are codependent, and you struggle with self-love, you may not realize the signs you're seeking approval from others. Childhood trauma and emotional neglect lead to a sense of feeling unseen. If you feel unseen, you may seek approval in odd ways. It may not be obvious when you are looking for validation from others. In this video, Lisa A Romano breaks down these 5 signs, and what they mean; hypervigilance, neediness, low self-worth, never feeling fulfilled and what it means when you become a perpetual seeker.

• 0 replies
    • 3 Simple Strategies To Ditch The Imposter Syndrome
      Have you ever felt like you're a fraud who doesn't belong? According to a recent article published in the International Journal of Behavioral Science, seven in every ten people have or will experience impostor syndrome at some point in their lives. We couldn't see our tribe suffering from this anymore, so we brought in the person who'll help you ditch this feeling for good. In this video, peak performance expert Shadé Zahrai joins Vishen to discuss how to supercharge your life and improve your self-esteem by constructing your own reality, leveraging your self-awareness, and regaining control over your inner critic

• 0 replies
    • 5 Things People Who’ve Been Mentally Abused Do
      Do you know how common mental abuse is? According to The National Center for Biotechnology Information, 80 percent of the population has experienced some form of abusive relationship and behavior. However, despite how frequent it is, emotional abuse is still hard to spot. Unlike physical abuse, mental abuse doesn’t leave any visible scars; instead, it affects someone’s behavior, mindset, and mentality. This means some people deny they’ve been mentally abused, and others may not even recognize the toxic behavior. So, whether you’re reading this to be able to recognize emotional abuse in others or recognize it in yourself, these a few things people who’ve been mentally abused do are sure to help you be more empathetic and kinder.

• 0 replies