want to weight lift, have no routine

I have two degrees in exercise and sport science. You are going to want to gain one or the other at first... Strength or size... Take your pick... For strength you want to do low reps with high weight. This will train your muscles to move heavy objects. (obviously) you will se size but more in the area of muscle strenght. For size athletic enhancement and definition try this. German volume training. (look it up on a google search) High reps low weight. 10 sets of 10 method. I am not going to be friendly to you. Some of these exercises can make you want to puke. This system has been said to put on 15 to 20 lbs of muscle mass in a month (best besides steroids). Pay close attention to the leg work outs. The muscles of the legs will allow your body to release the largest amounts of muscle building chemicals that your body can produce. Again you will feel sick if you do it right. (rest period ect.) Also pay attention to periodization. your muscles will only work a certain way for a period of time. You will need to change up your routine from time to time. Research this information and let me know what you think.

I gained 10 15 pounds of muscle mass in a little over a month. I put it down to the amount of protein I had in my diest. You could go to the gym everyday for the next 2 years and not gain any mass. Your diest id just as important as working out. I drink at least 3 protein shakes aday and also try to get as much protein from the foods I eat. They say you should have at least 1 gram of protein for each pund you weigh. For you, you would need 160 grams of protein a day to gain mass. Creatine can also help. Mix it with your shake once day. I don't load like they say to do. I think it puts on too much water weight. Also, rest is key. you need to give your muscle enough time to rest. Your muscles are actually grwoing when you rest opposed to when you are working them out.