long distance relationships do not work!

Hey guys thanx for your advice I feel so lonely...easyguy you and MaxPayne19 are right! She lives in Pennsylvania by the way...anyway we met online 2 years ago, yea at first things were amazing. Then she started ignoring me, when I called her she didn't even wanna talk. She was just not into me, I guess I knew it all along. I only wanted to see if it would last, but it's allright you know 'cuz everyone makes mistakes. Now I just wanna forget everything I went through. You guys are great friends for giving me advice at a time like this. Now it's time to move on...Don't know whats down the road. Just going to wing it!

I'll be an optimist and say that LDR can work out, but they have the odds against them. Everything you do in your mill of the road relationship has to be magnified 1000 times -- trust, loyalty, respect etc. etc. Not for the faint hearted and probably ends up in hearbreak more often than not, but I know married couples who live on the opposite coasts and manage.

I second exactly what btbt stated. They can work, but it takes a lot more effort and the odds never look so great. Intimacy (whether it's holding hands or further) is a large part in most relationships, which is difficult to maintain in a long distance relationship.

Listen you know Zimetra you did a lot of damage with your mouth. The thing you did, you know telling me that I should stop doing this and that, does not fly with me.

This is a free online forum open to the public, If you woulda been in my shoes for one day, you could've not taken the heat. So before you come on here and write all these stuff make sure what you're talking about. You know what I'm not discouraging others, I'm just saving them from a heartache. But if nobody wan'ts to listen to me, ok cool. If mine did not work out, I want you to try ldr and tell me how it all ends.

Allright guys people these day's I tell you. I love everyone and take care allright. Keep rocking hard.

Alex

Look, the title of your post is 'long distance relationships do not work!'. Are you qualified to make such a statement? No, you are not! You can say 'MY long distance relationship did not work', and that's it. - If you want to tell the forum how sad you feel and you want the forum to comfort you, tell us your story and you will get what you want and will certainly not be attacked. But you didn't just tell your story, you questioned the relationships of each one of us. It's absolutely natural to get a reaction like mine. - I got married when I was young and it didn't work. I would never even THINK about making a statement like 'when you get married too young it will not work out'.

Zimetra

Hey Zimetra your absolutely right, you know what I'm saying. I gotta agree with you on this one. . . I offer an apology if I pissed anybody off, but I was feeling down. Yea I mean everything you said was right on the spot and I was acting so immature. I don't wanna piss off anybody. . . rather now I need your help. Ok here's the thing... My ex supposeably likes me and another guy at the same time ( I know this is not possible) Ok she made out with him like 2 days after we broke up. Now she want's to be friends and see if it works out. . . What should I do, tell her to take a hike ( don't wanna be a jerk) or see what happens? I mean should I even be talking to her after all she's done to me...I feel so stupid asking you this but I don't know what to do. I still like her alot, but I don't know pease help me guys. Any advice is very welcome and appreciated. tell me what you think please

Alex

Motley Crue FOREVER

Your best option, where you most likely are still hurting, is to cut off all contact with her for the time being. By no means am I saying to never talk to her again- Whether or not you ever talk to her again is completely your decision and should be made at the right time. But what I'm saying is to allow yourself to heal your wounds and get completely over her. This is a very difficult feat as it is, and only get's more difficult when you're still speaking to one another.

I don't think it would be good to be friends now. Friends share things. Can you handle hearing about this new guy without getting depressed and jealous? If not, you're likely not ready to be friends.

Good luck with this. I know it sucks, but if you allow yourself to, it will pass.

Thank you so much lillady898 for your positive comments, you are soo awesome!! Right absolutely I totally agree with you, and what you're saying. I'm feeling alot better now. I'm just going to take sometime from talkin' to her..and take it from there.But I still don't get it...She calls me and and says that she misses me ok...So then why did she make out with another guy like after 2 days after we broke.. She even said she likes the both of us at the same time...maybe Im a damn fool i dont know. ..Should I give it a try or call it good? It just doesn't register with me? Please expalin that to me.

Thanks again,

Alex

I would just call it quits for the time being. Once you completely get over her and completely heal, then it'd be okay to get back into contact with her and see where things go. Of course with no expectations, other than friendship (if that).

I'm glad I could help with my previous post, and I hope this helped also. Good luck!