No, no more details were given. She said someone was there, so she couldn't talk more. She asked me to trust her. I just really don't get it.

I am really hoping that she will call soon and explain, or at least email me a letter or something. I feel so in the dark about all of this.

How could someone who loves me treat me like this?

Take this time apart to think about whether you will be there if she calls wanting to be with you. I think you need to decide what you want and what you are willing to tolerate from a person that you are dating, independently of what she wants or decides to do herself.

I haven't heard from her today. I don't have much hope. I feel so disappointed with her choice to be so cavalier about all of this. I deserved a conversation at the very least. We were friends for so long before becoming intimate. I don't understand her at all right now. I am left with countless questions, and I'll probably never have the answers. Perhaps I am being overly dramatic and making too much of this...but then again, she knew how important communication is to me. I really thought that she and I were compatible in that regard. I thought we were on the same page here. Maybe she was 'curious' and has since changed her mind? Maybe she met some guy? It could be anything.

I think that if she honestly needed space for personal reasons, she would have given me a time frame. That is what I would have done. I would said something like "I need a few days to myself because of (insert reason here). I will call you on (insert day here)." Her lack of an explanation leads me to think that she broke up with me in a very cowardly way.

...some friend

Yeah, unfortunately, you should probably assume that this break is a break-up for the time being, at least, based on her lack of explanation. This way you can move on without holding out hope and so whatever the final outcome you will eventually be ok. She probably didn't want to feel guilty by going through the reasons with you. She may think she is sparing your feelings by not giving an explanation.

patience, I just read your thread. Is this a new love interest? Or the same one you posted on previously?

I can't say I'm full of advice right now. I started liking someone, but we weren't intimate. She keeps talking about her ex who is in jail for domestic abuse. At this point, I can't let myself be interested in her. There's too much at stake.

The best thing I can say is let her initiate contact at this point. She is being very selfish for someone who told you that they loved you. It also sounds like she isn't being honest with you. Do you think there's someone else in the pic? Were you her first woman?

She is being very selfish for someone who told you that they loved you. It also sounds like she isn't being honest with you. Do you think there's someone else in the pic? Were you her first woman?

selfish

dishonest

lack of integrity

that pretty much sums it up