She and I talked yesterday, and it was amazing. She told me that she loved me. I told her that I love her too. Later I sent her an ecard (I know she read it) with some love poetry. I haven't heard back from her, and I'm feeling confused as to why not.

Did I mess up? Was it too much to send the ecard? Should I give her space now?

I doubt it. You are reading too much into it. Maybe she didn't feel the need to reply or maybe you need to give her more than a day to reply. Either way, I think that if you're thinking it's a sign or something, you're overthinking things.

If you're that worried, give the girl a call and say something like "I hope you liked the card."

I'll called her and she told me that she needs space.

I don't know what to think now.

I'm sitting here shaking my head in disbelief.

Sorry....I really thought it was nothing. That is odd. Maybe she is overwhelmed by your feelings for her. Although I think there is something she isn't telling you because she said that she loved you. Did you get an explanation from her? Seems to me like she is being kinda wishy-washy and acting weird right after saying she loves you. That is strange.

Given the fact that you had both said that you loved each other, I don't think you messed up by sending the card. I think this is her issue...I'm not sure what she's going through. Maybe she is having second thoughts. I don't know but you didn't do anything wrong...you just expressed your feelings. Give her the space that she wants. Maybe she feels suffocated (although from what you said it doesn't seem like you're smothering her...could that be it though?...you know better than I do).

oh patience hun if i knew the answer to that i could help you and myself at the same time,unfortunately we have no way of knowing what the other person is really thinking but at the end of the day hun theres only so much we can do.And as for changing there minds so fast perhaps someone could fill us both in on that one cos i'm as stumped as you, as my gf has just told me its over.

not that long really but we went through alot to get where we are ,well where we were and i wouldnt mind but we went out tonight for a meal and i knew something was up but she didnt say anything and then i get on the computer and she beeps me on msn and tells me she carnt deal with our situation.I think that has p****d me off more than anything.

oh patience hun if i knew the answer to that i could help you and myself at the same time,unfortunately we have no way of knowing what the other person is really thinking but at the end of the day hun theres only so much we can do.And as for changing there minds so fast perhaps someone could fill us both in on that one cos i'm as stumped as you, as my gf has just told me its over.

Hi tri, I thought you were married with two kids? Am I confusing you with someone else?

link removed

why so shocked ???????????

1) You had an extramarital affair

2) Your husband was cool with it

These two things shock me. If I were in this situation, I would not be happy about my spouse having an affair, regardless of the other person's gender. I would want exclusivity with whoever I'm with.

how much 'space' is 'space'...is she really saying 'I'm not interested'?

If she really wants me, how long will it be before she contacts me?

So, she didn't give you any more details? She just said "I need space" and that was it? I'm afraid that if she didn't elaborate then it doesn't look positive for getting back together.