Open Club  ·  21 members

Book Talk

GREAT book if you want to rid your jealousy!!

netman

I have posted a few times in the past about my jealous thoughts concerning my beautiful g/f and stuff. I've read numerous posts in this site which helped, but I went out to seek additional support, so I went out and bought a book on the subject. The book I ended up buying was "Overcoming Jealousy and Possessiveness" by Paul A. Hauck and it has helped me tremendously!!!

It felt almost like this book was written for me. It's a self help book made especially for people with jealousy issues (like me!!). It really put things in perspective for me. It really pushed me to think more highly of myself, and how I shouldn't make my mate pay for MY problem. And it made me think realistically, why should I be afraid of someone taking her away from me when I could easily find other beautiful women in my life? Even before that, I know that I'm a good man, and I know that she knows it, and I know that she loves me and she proves it to me every single day.

This book really made me feel a lot more secure about myself and it was almost like I was reading the book looking at my life from the outside, and everything I've done and been doing now seems that much more silly and stupid. It definitely showed examples of how these jealous and insecure feelings and actions only get worse if not controlled, and it only drives the other person away because she'll lose respect for you and she won't feel happy after the interrogations and jealous actions, etc, etc,.

Here's a quote from the book that I'll never forget: "Without fail you drive away, with enormous energy, the very people whose love you fear losing."

My girl means the world to me and I think that we're going to make it for the long haul, hopefully, so I'm glad that I read this book. I don't feel that tension in my chest, and the ill thoughts in my head are slowly, slowly going away. She's definitely picked up on my newfound confidence (she doesn't know I bought this book) and I've noticed how she shows me so much more love now because I stopped the questioning and all that other jealous crap. She's extremely happy and I'm so much happier myself, without a doubt.

I'm not getting commissions off the sale of this book (LOL), but I just had to share my experience. Hopefully, it'll help someone out there. I promise that if you suffer from jealousy and you think you can't be helped, you'll be a new person after you read the book cover to cover. If anyone else has an experience that helped overcome THEIR jeolousy, please share with us. I'm sure that many people would appreciate it.

Yup. There's even a secton that talks about handling your jealousy even when you've been in a relationship when your mate has been unfaithfull. I think that the bottom line is that jealousy stems from your insecurities and your fear of losing your g/f or b/f. This book addresses, you could say, most issues that are related to, caused by, leads to, etc, jealousy. I'm telling you; this book saved my sanity!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I know this thread is a bit old, but I have also read this book. While there are many cases in this book that were far more extreme than my own, this book is awesome!

If you have any insecurities, feelings of jealousy, or even if you feel your partner does, I would HIGHLY recommend reading this book. It is fairly short, and will maybe take you 2 - 3 nights to read, but it is definitely worth it!

It has also helped me in other areas, as it helped me realize that any behavior has been learned. You learned how to be jealous, whether it was throughout childhood, or other events that happened throughout your life. This beahvior was learned.... this behavior can also be unlearned!

Any behavior can be unlearned! You just have to take the power within yourself to unlearn it! It might be difficult, and might take some work, but it can be done!

• 3 months later...

• Top Discussions this Week

• Our picks

• If Only A Narcissist Could Say THIS
      The more you are exposed to a narcissist, the more you struggle with the question: "Why can't this person appreciate the legitimacy of me succeeding?" Dr. Les Carter muses about a statement that you won't hear from a narcissist, but offers strong words of affirmation about how to thrive despite the narcissist's gaslighting.

• 0 replies
    • Surviving & Maintaining The No Contact Rule
      Surviving and maintaining the no contact rule to take your power back so you can attract better and reach your full potential. In this video coaching newsletter I discuss an email success story from a viewer who went through a bad breakup about a year ago. He says that his ex broke his heart into pieces and my work helped him get through a very dark time. He says she is stalking his social media and calls from different numbers, but he has not given into weakness or the urges to let her back into his life. It’s an interesting account of a man’s journey to self-love, self-respect, healing and overcoming a toxic relationship that no longer serves him.

• 0 replies
    • 5 spiritual habits that changed my life
      5 spiritual habits that changed my life
      • 0 replies
    • When a Man Ignores You - One Text Makes Him Regret It Immediately!
      In this video, I'm going to explain what to do when a man ignores you. I will also explain the reasons why men ignore the women they date and you will learn 2 powerful text messages that will turn things around and make him regret it and change his behavior. Are you Being ignored by someone you care about? IF so, you know it’s one of the most frustrating and difficult situations to deal with especially when you don’t know the reason. That’s why In this video, I’m going to share the reasons why the person you’re dating or interested in might be ignoring you. And I’m going to tell you exactly what to do about each of them.

• 0 replies
    • Johnny Berba's best tips for mental health improvement: taking action reduces anxiety & depression
      In this video, Johnny Berba shares his best tips for conquering anxiety and depression. Maintaining good mental health is not as hard as some people think, it's really about taking small action steps.

• 0 replies