girls in thier 20's how many are virgins

i really wonder how many ppl % wise -esp the girls lets say in their early to mid 20's in college are even virgins- i bet like none to maybe one in a million. even they shy quite girls i bet aren;t virgin. the ones that say they are -are lying unless they are like diehard every sundays going to church kind of girl. myself being a virgin not by choice but b/c of lack of opportunity. i have explained my situtation in other posts to you guys

i think growing up my parents-my folks raised me as a very sheltered, overprotective child and even today she still does at 24, that is why i was raised keep to urself kind of way .

i really believe that my chance of marrying or having a virgin gf is slim to no way. some girls may say they are but good luck especially if u have money and they girl likes u as a futures husband or bf she might lie to make you like her. i think in reality i just gotta accept it.

I'm not a girl but I am a virgin at 22. If you want to know about girls, I know a 23 year old who is a virgin and I was emailing a 29 year old women a few months ago who is also a virgin. Girls like that might be rare, but they are out there.

as for urself great ur a virgin , but as for the gurl who is 23 who said she is who nows she could be lieing-maybe she likes you and doesn't want u to think that shes a sleeping around kind of gal. as for the 29 yr old or 23 yr old who nows ppl say they are and some say they aren't u can tell by looking at em or anything -u just gotta trust em.

I'm not a girl but I am a virgin at 22. If you want to know about girls, I know a 23 year old who is a virgin and I was emailing a 29 year old women a few months ago who is also a virgin. Girls like that might be rare, but they are out there.
but as for the gurl who is 23 who said she is who nows she could be lieing

Wow. It's nice to know that your first assumption is, "The chick must be lying." Good luck with your search, and I hope you find a girl who's good for you.

Signed,

a 23-year-old non-religious virgin who doesn't like your attitude

p.s. - Your estimate of one in a million is off, but I can't say by how much. Maybe it's not a lot.

Why ask the question if you are going to assume people are lying about the answer? You have to be open to the fact that people are going to tell you the truth and that there are girls in their 20's who are virgins. What did you expect, everyone was going to agree with you and tell you that can't possibly happen?

As for the girls I mentioned, they aren't the type to lie. The 23 year old just likes me as a friend, so its not like she wants to impress me. And we have pretty much identical personalites, so I'm pretty confident she is telling the truth. The 29 year old, way to beautiful and romantic of a heart to be lying about it.

And tell me, why would a 29 year old whom I have never meant in person and whom I probably will never meet in person, lie to me about this? What does she gain? If anything I would say she risks being looked down on by idiots who think its wrong to go beyond 18 and still be a virgin.

There are quite a few young women in their 20's that are still virgins. Some people decide they arnt going to give it up until they know the moment is right, when they are sure that person is the one they are going to be with for the rest of their life. And they don't have to be religious either. Virginity is vary special to women, it means more to us then men think it does.

My two best friends, both older than me (one is 25, the other 24), are still virgins. Both are very attractive, and both have had the opportunity, they just chose not to give up their virginity. They do go to church, but they are not super-religious as you would assume.

I think you should stop assuming that if a girl says that she is a virgin, she is lying. If you start off with that assumption, girls are going to be quite turned off.

You obviously have a problem trusting women. I'm a virgin and I will stay a virgin until I am married, and yes that is my choice and I'm being honest. Plus if I never get married I will stay a virgin, even if that means my whole life with out sex. Oh, and I have never been kissed either, not lying. I can name 10 people of the top of my head who are girl's in their 20's and are true virgins.

Why would a girl lie about her virginity? Wouldn't it be more shameful today to say you are a virgin? I mean, today, if you haven't done it the you must be the world's biggest prude. Well congradulations, you met your first prude chick. What's the big deal?

I don't see why you'd think every girl who is above 23 are not virgin. There should be a percentage gap between different countries because of their different teachings and values. In fact, the idea of "you're a loser if you're still a virgin" came into my mind's existence only when i hit 19 due to North America's media. Places like China, Thai, etc. see virgin as good sign, and find this question itself offensive.

Who cares????? You should love a girl for WHO she is, and not whether or not she is a virgin. When you love someone, it won't matter to you if they are a virgin, or if they made mistakes in thier past. All that will matter is what that person means to you now. Virginity is over rated. I mean, I personally believe that its wrong to have sex before you are married. But even so, virginity shouldn't define a person. It shouldnt be thier identity. People should not be put in categories based on whether or not they are virgins. They are humans. Treat people based on thiier humanity, and not on whether they are virgins!!!

girls - don't be afraid to get at least a "little" experience. I don't really see much benefit in staying a virgin until marriage. I don know that LOTS Of guys are probably disapointted and girls have all kinds of dumb things in their heads after they delay having sex too long. Get at it!!

What you choose to do with your bodies is your business not mine.

However check out the heartbreak of people in some of these forums...

You say you will wait until you find the right guy -- well so many of us thought we found the right person, the 'one', our 'soul mate' only for them to decide that they no longer wanted us.

All I'm saying is don't assume that there is only 'one' person you can find happiness with...

And there have also been plenty of people disappointed because they didn't wait, they gave in before they were really ready or with someone they knew weren't the right one.

You can find happiness with anyone, but the kind of happiness those who wait are seeking doesn't just happen with anyone.

I agree with I_love_rain, virginity is important for those who view sex as the sacred experience I think it should be, but it shouldn't define us. Who we are as people is not defined by sexuality.

• 11 months later...

I know exactly how you feel. I didn't lose my virginity until I was 22 and basically felt as though I was the last virgin on earth. This was not true by a long shot. You would be surprised just how many girls and boys are still virgins in college. I had a friend in graduate school who didn't lose her virginity until she was about 23 or 24. My older sister didn't lose her virginity until she was about 21 or 22. They are out their, but you are right. The longer you wait the less chance of finding a virgin. Keep in mind that the media in America has basically poisoned our minds to think that if men don't lose their virginity by the age of 15 or 16 that their is something wrong with them. We are made to believe that we will die alone. This is a huge crock. It is simply a way to generate fear, which then will get you to buy products or services that will somehow make you whole or a good person. Sex is not a big part of ones life. You should be spending more of your time building your life, experiencing those moments with friends that you will remember for the rest of your life. If you concentrate on that, lots of good things will come your way (maybe even a wife who loves you and will think you are the best lay she ever had, even if she's not a virgin).

Well, I have BIG news for you, bucko...I am 28 yrs old and still a virgin and it's been by choice! I have no reason to lie on a forum about my sexual experiences and trust me, I'm not out there, saying I'm a virgin to try to get a date with a man. When I lose my virginity it's going to be with a woman.

Wow. It's nice to know that your first assumption is, "The chick must be lying." Good luck with your search, and I hope you find a girl who's good for you.

Signed,

p.s. - Your estimate of one in a million is off, but I can't say by how much. Maybe it's not a lot.

You ever seen wedding crashers? To this day I can't think badly of her for doing that.

My short comments from a guy's perspective:

Experience is one of the best teachers. Sex can be a wonderful experience, but isn't usually that 'great' until you've been doing it awhile. Perfect practice makes perfect.

I saw no reason to stay a virgin once I trusted who I was with (covering the emotional readiness part) and had taken safety precautions to disallow physical harm (along with std spread and pregnancy covering the physical risk).

Sex is a part of life that can be undertaken to yield great rewards with limited downside risk. Hell of an investment if you ask me. I wish I had started sooner =D

As a 23-yr old virgin I can tell you there are quite a few of us, and that doesn't mean we're ugly or prudes or very religious or there's something wrong with us. I don't want to sound vain but I've always had guys asking me out and my male friends tell me I'm pretty and sexy ( a couple of them have made moves on me actually, LOL), so they ask why do I never have a boyfriend? They think I'm just being fussy. But it's not that at all. A lot of guys seem to think I'm lying when I tell them I'm a virgin, and others want sex straight away so they leave me for someone who's willing to give them that. I'm not necessarily waiting for marriage, I'm just waiting for someone who's understanding and will respect me for my decision and love me for me, not for physical pleasure. I know a lot of young women (and men too, for that matter) but mainly women in the same situation.

If an attractive woman tells you she's a virgin, you shouldn't assume she's lying. Just because a woman is attractive doesn't mean she's banging every guy who walks around the corner. Attractive women can be virgins too you know.

Signed,

Right on!

I'm 17 but I'm a virgin and I plan to stay one until I'm married. And I agree with everyone else in this thread... why on earth would a girl lie about that? There's NOTHING to be ashamed of being a virgin and it's kind of offensive that you'd think that every girl that IS a virgin is a liar, too.

Why would a girl lie about her virginity? Wouldn't it be more shameful today to say you are a virgin? I mean, today, if you haven't done it the you must be the world's biggest prude. Well congradulations, you met your first prude chick. What's the big deal?

Well said.

Well, I am a virgin and I'll be 26 in a little over a month. I'm not religious nor am I waiting for marriage. I've never had a long-term relationship and I've never been in love, and I don't want to lose it on some drunken one-night stand (never been my thing anyway). I wouldn't say I'm waiting for The Right One or anything, I just want to do it with someone I love and trust.