Ok so I'm not great with girls and it's been a long time since I've asked a girl out. I've only done it once before ever and it didn't work out...was like last year. Now I'm pretty good with teasing girls and talking to them and all that stuff. To a certain extent I can get along way better with a group of girls than a group of guys. But that's part of the problem, the group thing. I'm terrible with girls one on one or at least especially when I "like them."

So here's the problem. I am doing this project for a week at a college in my city. We get put into groups and I like my group very much. It's a lot of women and very few men and we have a blast, but there's on particular one who I think is pretty cool. She's really studious and smart but a little quiet. Not particularly shy, but just quiet I guess. It's been next to impossible to get her alone to talk to just because she's always either working or we are having a break from work as a group. So the thing is this is all over at the end of the week. And I wont even be there for almost all of the last day, just maybe the last hour or two. So I don't know that I like this girl or anything, but I think she is worth approaching. We haven't talked extensively and I'm not out here to be like wow I want to date this girl per se...I just think that she is someone I wish I had more time to know and perhaps if I know her better she would be someone I'd like to ask out. But problem is, I might be loud at times, but I am pretty timid. And like I said, I'm not good with girls one on one and I'm also bad with rejection which makes me almost never ask girls out.

I don't want to just sit back forever though, this might never work but I want to try...can someone help suggest how I may ask her out or at least get her number in the least suggestive way? Or at least, least embarrassing.

And thanks for reading all this and for any advice!

And if you keep trying, your fear of rejection will go away

Because the more you get rejected the more you won't care anymore because you feel like its going to happen again ANYWAY! Ha, no.. the real reason is because you will get more comfortable with yourself and understand women more if you continue with it.

Ok so I did ask for her number. She said um if you waant which was a little disheartening. And then someone made a comment I made a joke we laughed whatever. And then she said I'll give you my email. Then I was getting ready to write it and she said here I'd better write it (usless info I just wanted to include the whole story). When I asked for her number I also asked for that of a guy we were talking with cuz he was cool and I wanted to keep in touch with him too (last day at a project thing). So I guess...opinions? Why no phone? Why an email? What should I do? What's going on in her head? Haha ok yeah thanks.

Ok so I did ask for her number. She said um if you waant which was a little disheartening. And then someone made a comment I made a joke we laughed whatever. And then she said I'll give you my email. Then I was getting ready to write it and she said here I'd better write it (usless info I just wanted to include the whole story). When I asked for her number I also asked for that of a guy we were talking with cuz he was cool and I wanted to keep in touch with him too (last day at a project thing). So I guess...opinions? Why no phone? Why an email? What should I do? What's going on in her head? Haha ok yeah thanks.

why no phone # ? First I would like to know if she has a Cell ?

Maybe she does not trust you enough to give you her phone #

( especially if it's her HOME phone # ) . e - mail is just a safer method !

I don't know if she has a cell or not. I'll go along with not trusting me as a possibility, but I don't really think that's it. She isn't paranoid or anything and I'm don't think I come off as a risky person. Anyway thanks for the advice I'd like to hear if anyone else reads it any differently. I know I'm a pessmist but it seems to me like it's a nice way of just saying no I don't want to give you my phone number? And what about how she said if you want before. Not only did she change her mind it seems, but she also said it like why would you be asking this or what business would you have calling me.

I don't know if she has a cell or not. I'll go along with not trusting me as a possibility, but I don't really think that's it. She isn't paranoid or anything and I'm don't think I come off as a risky person. Anyway thanks for the advice I'd like to hear if anyone else reads it any differently. I know I'm a pessmist but it seems to me like it's a nice way of just saying no I don't want to give you my phone number? And what about how she said if you want before. Not only did she change her mind it seems, but she also said it like why would you be asking this or what business would you have calling me.

Ya . . . then only other reason I can really think of is she is not interested in you . . .

The whole " um if you want " and giving you her e - mail INSTEAD IMO kind of says she' s not interested !

Right that's what I figured/was afraid of. The thing that really shook me is I didn't really think it came of as an "I like you" kind of asking for a # especially when I asked that guy at the same time. Plus we were having a good time. So anyway whatever, what now? With much urging from a friend I sent her this email:

Hey what's up ***, its ***. Just wanted to say hi, and I hope

you're having fun with your cousins. Lets get in touch when you get

back, you can tell me about it, and I'll bore you with an account of

my research. ;-)

She hasn't replied yet. She's out of town for either a week or two, not sure if she has seen it or not I guess. So do I just never contact her again and let it go at that?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey well this thread has fallen back and well I just wanted to update it with some not so bad news. She came back from her trip and she emailed me. I waited a day or two and emailed her back and she emailed me in 1 hour. Same thing again, and I managed to get her AIM sn (didn't wanna ask for phone again so soon). So we talked and stuff. And I'm starting to think (as my friend just told me) she's just not good in social situations. It's really confusing it's like she's not avoiding me she's just oblivious. So anyway she's been off my mind for a little bit but I remembered this thread and was wondering what peoples experiences with girls like that have been.