We were moving too fast...

I'm new here, and this is my first post.

My bf and i only broke up a few days ago and since then we haven't talked about the conversation we had that had caused him break it off with me. We have been together for a few months and fell in love in a months time. I started to spend the night at his place constantly and we'd go out and spend alot of down time together. After a while... it was mostly just down time. Spending the evening playing video games, watching a movie, or doing our own things. He got a job offer to hard to pass up a few weeks ago. He had made up his mind to bring me along. I had already set up a plan for college and all when we got down there. Everything was going fine. I had packed most of my things to get them out of the way so i could help him pack his.

The other night i got a little down. I haven't been taking the stress well at all. We were moving in a months notice and this is the first big decision i had ever made. I was leaving my parents home, out-of-state. And i was finally going to start my life as an adult. Which is something i've wanted to do, and have needed to do. Anyways, i was sad and i told him i wish we'd be more like we were when we first met. We had moved pretty quickly into being serious. He got mad. Said i wasn't ready to move on. Said we were moving to fast for me. Which wasn't true. Otherwise i would've took it upon myself to not go with him. I love him to death. He broke up with me that night. He's been on my mind every moment ever since. I am ready to get out into the real world. I'm just not handleing the change well, which is vary normal for me.

I am heart-broken. He is like no other guy i have met. I don't know what to do now. We talked once afterwards over the phone but it was about pointless stuff and it was awkward. He's been on vacation with his family, and hasn't responded to my voicemail i left asking him to call me again. I want to talk to him when he gets back but i don't know how i should go about telling him how i feel. I don't know how to convince him i do want to be with him and that i will be ok once we move out. But i will try to get him back, I am going to fallow my heart and fight for what i really want. And that's to be with him. I'm just driving myself insane as to how do i go about it without screwing it up and driving him away.

Try writing him a letter - by doing that you can make sure you say exactly what you want to without interruption or getting too emotional. Tell him that you love him and want to be with him. That you are ready for the move and are naturally feeling a little apprehensive, but that doesn't mean you don't want to go.

DN has a good idea, this way you can approach him in a non confrontational way in that he doens't have to come up with an answer right away.

Just be prepared if you send the letter, you might not get the answer you are looking for.

Thanks for the advice. I may just do that so i won't leave anything out. On the other hand, I have written him a small little note the day after we broke up. It was about how he ment a lot to me. How i was going to fight for our relationship because i could see us being together. And i also bought a rose, and took them to his work and gave it to the receptionist. Of corse when i got home i got a call from him saying he was on his way home and already in the other state which ment he left work early. And now next monday he'll find a dead flower on his desk with an out-dated note. I REALLY wish that would've worked now.