Jump to content

When is it time to move out and change jobs


Recommended Posts

Hi

What are signs that it’s time to move into own place and what can you do to have that feeling u til you can buy your own.

What do people generally experience to know it’s time.

Might never get to buy or it could be a long time especially being on income support which am stuck on due to a condition and sometimes want own place (atleast do what boss did with apartment where you go stay).

How do you get the money on income support to be able to stay in cabins now and then for atleast 3 nights as often as you can afford.

How do you get the money without doing anything dodgy or unethical, what does unethical mean

Am 40 in 3 years and just trying to make do

 

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, daisy202027 said:

Hi

What are signs that it’s time to move into own place and what can you do to have that feeling u til you can buy your own.

What do people generally experience to know it’s time.

Might never get to buy or it could be a long time especially being on income support which am stuck on due to a condition and sometimes want own place (atleast do what boss did with apartment where you go stay).

How do you get the money on income support to be able to stay in cabins now and then for atleast 3 nights as often as you can afford.

How do you get the money without doing anything dodgy or unethical, what does unethical mean

Am 40 in 3 years and just trying to make do

 

Do you still have your hospitality job?

I don't own a home YET but I have been living in apartments for many years.  Decades.  I moved out of my mother's apartment when I got married.  I was in my very early 20s at the time.  But I went away to college when I was 18.

I understand my life experience is different from yours.  But at nearly age 40 I would imagine you are certainly old and mature enough to pay rent on your own place.

Will your income support plus hospitality job enable you to afford rent?

Also, you said in your other thread you want to date.  You will have a much better chance of meeting women if you have your own place.  You'll also need a bit of disposable income to afford dates such as coffee, dessert, films, etc.  No need to do expensive dinners out, BTW.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, daisy202027 said:

How do you get the money on income support to be able to stay in cabins now and then for atleast 3 nights as often as you can afford.

Where do you live now? With parents? Please research affordable housing in your area. Apartments, rooms, house share, etc. if you have a full time job, you should be able to at least rent a room somewhere. 

Link to comment

I’ve never owned a home. No deisre to  I knew I was ready to move out when I switched careers from a low paying one - then went to grad school for another career I was really passionate about but it was so intense and competitive. I worked extremely hard and got a top job because of it based on a summer internship.  
at that point- age 28! - I knew I could live independently and financially comfortable and pay off my loans. I had no college loans. Only grad school. I was much older but my parents wanted to support me during grad school. I paid my own tuition but I lived rent free. 
That’s how I knew. I never moved back in after age 28. I loved living alone. I loved living in a major city very close to my parents and friends. 

Link to comment

Depends where you live. For example you usually do it here when you either relocate for the job or get married. Sometimes not even then. My sister lives with my brother in law and his parents. And they are rich and have multiple appartments. But at 37 you should at least look for some solution outside your parents. You should at least strive to that in some form.

For example: You mentioned job. So seeking better employement maybe gets you in a better financial situation so you can afford to at least rent a place. But that all requires planning and you actively working on it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hi

How would you be able to finance your own place or accommodation to be able to do what about to be ex boss did with her city apartment where you go stay without doing anything dodgy if you don’t have a high enough income.

am as you know on income support and the income isn’t high enough to be able to run a place and have enough left to have a life and to save.

plus am hanging out until able to buy and that could be 20 years away if there’s even hope for someone on income support.

what could you do to at least be able to do what your ex boss did with apartment on a income support.

sometimes you feel it’s time but can’t afford to do anything about it, am however happy living at current place

Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Capricorn3 said:

Get a second job?  I know several people who are working two jobs. 

OP, do you even read the responses you get?  Can you answer some of the questions members are asking you, please?

Want to as many of you know get out of hospitality at some point and do other things while still able to

 

am working on part time side thing but won’t happen overnight 

 

what assistance is there in australia to afford those short stays so it feels like own space and you do similar to what your about to be ex boss does and have somewhere that you stay while you still live at your current residence and what else do you do without doing anything dodgy

 

yes pay a little board plus waiting until able to buy and don’t want to pay as much in rent and not be able to do what you want to place

Link to comment
7 minutes ago, daisy202027 said:

 have somewhere that you stay while you still live at your current residence and what else do you do without doing anything dodgy

Do you live with parents or family? Are you concerned about trying to date and needing a place to stay?  What do you mean by "dodgy" and what does your ex boss have to do with that? You said you're happy where you are and can't afford to move. 

Link to comment

It means that am not in a hurry to move permanently 

the ex boss bought a city apartment but still lives in hometown so she’s got somewhere to stay when going to see family in city.

 

want to be able to do similar to what she did where you stay somewhere but still stay in your primary residence but have somewhere that you go stay for bigger workshop and to store old cars and whatever and to have short stays to have own space and also do private and intimate things and somewhere to have people over for meals (if you see what it means).

the dodgy bit means that am wondering what you can do the right way and not do anything dodgy and do right thing (if you see what it means)

Link to comment
43 minutes ago, Capricorn3 said:

I'm sorry but I find it really difficult to follow or understand what you're on about.  What exactly do you mean by - ...... "to afford those short stays" ?  What short stays? 😕

These short stays means stay in cabins now and then, asked similar on another forum and someone suggested that which is what have been doing

Link to comment

Moved out young from home to marriage,  lived in an apartment for 2 years,  rented a condominium for 2 years and then bought our first house.  Moved several times to bigger houses after that.  With dual incomes it was possible and I was a SAHM for a few years when my sons were little. 

In order to afford our first house,  we had a company match savings account which basically doubled our  savings within a few short years for a huge down payment.  Also,  since my husband and I lived at home during our courtship,  we saved money back then, too.  We have zero debts and paid off our mortgage earlier than most.  We carry no credit card debt and we have no loans nor loan balances whatsoever. 

To this day,  we are frugal people.  We rarely dine out nor do take out meals.  We cook at home and subsist on leftovers.  We bring lunch to work. 

I wear timeless fashion clothes for years without requiring frequent replacements and same with my shoes.  I keep my apparel in mint condition always.  I don't chase after trends.  Same with handbags and jewelry.  My mother taught me quality vs quantity.  I prefer to spend on the best instead of wasting money on low quality merchandise. 

We don't travel much because there is so much to do locally in any direction. 

After giving our pets a long,  happy life,  no more pets,  vet bills , pet food and the like which makes for a cleaner house and less expenses.

We don't say, "yes" to everything and have since learned to decline a lot.  Sure,  we socialize but we're pickier and choosier nowadays and not at everyone's instant disposal.  Same with helping and assisting others.  We help but we have our realistic limits.  We've learned to say, "No."  Saves energy,  time,  money and gas. 

I must say though that rent and real estate prices have grown exponentially more expensive and out of reach for millions of people.  My husband and I were lucky to have started our real estate investment journey early before prices skyrocketed out of control. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, daisy202027 said:

These short stays means stay in cabins now and then,

You mean like a holiday cabin? A place to go to for a weekend break?  There is not much you or anyone can do about it if you can't afford it.  If you're on income support then you can forget about saving for a place of your own, or having money enough for holiday cabins etc etc.  There are millions of people out in the world doing it very tough right now.  You can only do what you can afford to do and the rest will be working very hard, or two jobs to be able to save money etc.

Not sure if I understood everything correctly.  If not, maybe someone else gets it. No doubt I am missing something. 🤷‍♀️

Link to comment
5 hours ago, Capricorn3 said:

You mean like a holiday cabin? A place to go to for a weekend break?  There is not much you or anyone can do about it if you can't afford it.  If you're on income support then you can forget about saving for a place of your own, or having money enough for holiday cabins etc etc.  There are millions of people out in the world doing it very tough right now.  You can only do what you can afford to do and the rest will be working very hard, or two jobs to be able to save money etc.

Not sure if I understood everything correctly.  If not, maybe someone else gets it. No doubt I am missing something. 🤷‍♀️

Yes -if you're asking when can you afford to have a vacation home or place - that's kind of over and above.  I never wanted one/don't have one and we do travel quite a bit -often tagging along on husband's business travel so it's less expensive. I wrote above when I moved out I rented my own 1 bedroom small apartment in the city.  No other space. My then boyfriend did buy a vacation home with his sibling when he was in his late 30s.  They also rented an apartment in the city.

Link to comment
9 hours ago, daisy202027 said:

 to have short stays to have own space and also do private and intimate things 

So you want to rent rooms or cabins for sex and you can't afford it? Don't they have motels in your area for that? 

Link to comment
58 minutes ago, daisy202027 said:

How do you hang on for just one more week until you can finally move on from hospitality and old job and onto other things for work and have a break that you been wanting to do for a while 

Focus on the people and things you like (or 'could' like with the right attitude) and ignore the things you don't like. If it's just for another week or two, admire yourself for all the time you were able to withstand the job, and find appreciation and gratitude for whatever you've found possible to enjoy about the experience.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 2/1/2024 at 1:25 PM, daisy202027 said:

Want to as many of you know get out of hospitality at some point and do other things while still able to

 

am working on part time side thing but won’t happen overnight 

 

what assistance is there in australia to afford those short stays so it feels like own space and you do similar to what your about to be ex boss does and have somewhere that you stay while you still live at your current residence and what else do you do without doing anything dodgy

 

yes pay a little board plus waiting until able to buy and don’t want to pay as much in rent and not be able to do what you want to place

I think your option for that would be to stay in an Air b n B sometimes. I don't think there are any other places where you can just stay every now and then. Unless you can stay with some friends sometimes who don't mind you staying with them. You can also live with housemates. I have a friend who is on Centrelink and she hasn't really worked much over the years. She lives in a nice house in a good area but she rents with three other people. I don't think you could afford your own place in the sense that you'd be living alone unless you got at least a part-time job. Or you would need to move to a rural area where the rent is a lot cheaper.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, daisy202027 said:

How do you hang on for just one more week until you can finally move on from hospitality and old job and onto other things for work and have a break that you been wanting to do for a while 

It's just one more week.  No doubt you'll get through it. Catfeeder had excellent advice.

Link to comment

Also how do you catch up on business goals when you’re behind because you stayed at old job until end and ignoring clues that it’s time to move on to something else when you just want to catch up.

Am doing well just want to catch up a little and am behind because of staying at job too long.

How do you catch up faster.

What assistance is there to stay in cabins and apartments more often (probably same frequency as your old boss does when she goes to city apartment.

There’s nothing in australia that has spots for tiny homes and if there is it may not be cheap, haven’t looked into it.

Sometimes feel it’s time to have own space and am happy living at current place sometimes just want own space and temporary accommodation to come and go but obviously pay for however many nights is only way.

What assistance is there or how do you get the money.

Don’t have a van where you can pay for a site

Link to comment
34 minutes ago, daisy202027 said:

What assistance is there to stay in cabins and apartments more often There’s nothing in australia that has spots for tiny homes what assistance is there or how do you get the money.Don’t have a van 

There's no government or other assistance to get you a cabin, van or room to have sex in.  Government assistance is for basic needs, not renting a room for sex. Please talk to local people about your situation. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...