Cheating or not?

a break is exactly that....a break...a break in the relationship. you are free to do whatever you want.

now if you have plans to get back afterwards....which i think is dumb to take a break if you plan on getting back in the first place, but whatever...anyway...if you plan on gettin back together..id watch what my actions very carefully if i were you....b/c how you conduct yourself during this 'break' may turn off your newly rekindled partner.

is anything cheating while on a 'break'? no b/c youre temporarily not in a relationship...

-DG724

If you guys were free to see other people during the break, then it's not cheating. If it was just time apart to clear the air, then it's cheating. It's something that should have been made clear during the break conversation. If it wasn't made clear, then I guess everyone was free to do what they wanted.

If you guys were free to see other people during the break, then it's not cheating. If it was just time apart to clear the air, then it's cheating. It's something that should have been made clear during the break conversation. If it wasn't made clear, then I guess everyone was free to do what they wanted.

Yea, true. I forgot to add, it was a three day break.

it was a cuddle!!!!

thats all!

My blood just boiled when I read this.... I'll just keep my responce to myself.

DragonGirl724, I aksed you, I got a responce, I'm not complaining. Why there is a break really does not matter right now. It was the prinicapal behind it, I guess I'm over reacting.

If you are on a break and go out with someone else and cuddle, and then somehow let the other person know what happened, say by sending them a message through a third party. or by posting on here, then it could certainly be considered at least somewhat manipulative. And if it is designed to make the other person jealous, it would also be a risky thing to do and not very wise.

This reminds me of the Friends thing..."We were ON a break"....

I would say the answer to that would be no it isnt cheating unless you agreed to not be with other people while you are on your "break". However, that doesnt stop your partner from getting upset about it even though you were on a break.

As DN said...it definitely depends, as well, on what your motivation was in cuddling.

Taking a break is basically the

"go out and cheat/cuddle/do whatever card"

I dont understand why people take breaks, why not just break up, and get back togeather down the line?

Oh HEY! I'm on break with my GF so let's just go sleep around for a few weeks, then when i get tired of you i'll go back to my GF, is that cool? Alright!

*insert Price is Right loosing music*

If the break was a mutual agreement to take a bit of time apart but not to get involved with other people and you BOTH set boundaries, then it COULD be cheating. But otherwise if there were no boundaries or limits discussed, or a purpose for the break, then no it is not.

In my opinion a break is often a sign of a break up and you are free agents unless there was an agreement otherwise.

I don't really believe much in "breaks".

I can see how you'd be annoyed with the fact that the person was cuddling with someone. I don't think anyone would really enjoy the thought of their "girl/boyfriend they're on a break with" being held by someone other than themselve...

Regardless, I think you can't consider cuddling cheating while on a break. Unless it was clearly stated in the beginning that no physical contact was allowed with someone else, of course.

But really, just because it's not cheating, doesn't mean you have to like the thought that she was cuddling with someone else. That's my take on it.

Its not cheating if there was an actual break in the relationship. It can feel like the other person cheated on you because your feelings for them having changed during this break. Personally I dont have an issue with cuddling but then again I dont believe in emotional cheating also.

Helpme,

the reason i asked 'why the break anyway?' was because, if you 2 need your freedom, which is the only reason why i would think a break would be called for, then you both have your freedom. if by 'cheating' you mean 'breaking the rules'...and if no 'rules' were made there are none to be broken. the jealousy you feel will either 1->have to pass, or 2->if you cant seem to get over it, make this break a breakup. but i dont think #2 is uncalled for. did you talk to her about anything?

i dont understand the point of 'breaks'. especially if youre still emotionally responsible for the other person...

-DG724

No, but I hate to be the one to tell you, the person who asks for the break is usually someone who has met someone else, wants to see if this other person would make them more happy then you, and if so then the break becomes a break up...if not then the break becomes a makeup. If someone told me "we need a break" i'd know that was a sure sign that they had probably started something with another individual and didnt want to get caught cheating or get called the "bad guy" so they called the break in hopes to have their cake and eat it too. Think about it. Everyone knows what a break really means but no one wants to admit it. A break is testing the waters for something better because at the current time, they are not happy with you.

The fact that cuddling with another has already taken place, just proves my point even further.