He told me he loved me after one week!!

So I met this guy on a dating up, we matched and the moment we started talking we clicked, unfortunately he was just visiting my country and he had a flight back home the next day, so we didn’t get the chance to meet. When I knew that he was just on a vacation and probably won’t come back, I tried to end the conversation and wish him a safe trip, he continued talking to me and showed interest, he wanted to get to know me better. After only three days of texting we planned our FaceTime date, we were both shy and nervous, but after the first few minutes it felt more natural, he keeps showering me with compliments, how he likes my personality and looks. The fourth day he was already planning our first date, since I cannot go visit him, he decided to come back to my country for a weekend so we can spend some time together, he was already looking for flights and places to go, the fifth day we spent the whole day talking on the phone, it was the longest conversation I’ve ever had with someone before, we spent 7 hours talking on the phone. We discussed everything, especially that we are from different cultures, different religions, I’m 23 and he’s 33, we found out that we’re both open minded and neither religion or our cultural beliefs are gonna be a problem. Now we’ve been texting all day long for the past week, he shares with me almost everything. 
yesterday he was at a party and he got drunk, he kept sending me pictures and funny voice notes, i was about to sleep when he video called me, I answered and we had the funniest conversation ever, he was reaaaaally drunk and that was funny, he kept saying that I’m attractive that I make him feel some type of way. And after we finished our call he texted me saying that he’s falling in love with me, I tried to laugh it out and tell him that he will regret saying that the next day, he kept insisting.  
Now I don’t know what to think, cuz this feels too good to be true, a random guy I met a week ago is down to spend at least 1000 dollars to get to my country just so we can spend a weekend together and have our first date. I really wanna believe this is happening, it’s just because of my previous relationships I’m being kinda skeptical. 

25 minutes ago, Anonymous19 said:

he decided to come back to my country for a weekend so we can spend some time together, he was already looking for flights and places to go. this feels too good to be true, a random guy I met a week ago is down to spend at least 1000 dollars.

You never met. He seems like a scammer, married guy or someone looking for a free easy sex vacation. Do not let him stay at your place. Talk to trusted friends and family about this. Please don't send sexts or money or give out too much personal information. Keep in mind, there are sex tours to places that cost a lot more than what he's talking about. 

Trust your instincts, if it seems to be too good to be true, it's probably not real. Additionally this obviously isn't going anywhere because of the distance and cultural issues.  Delete and block him ASAP. Date local single real life men you can get to know in person.

I am sure you are flattered by interest. But its way too much too soon. He said he loves you after a week and didnt even saw you in person. Girl, that is a sign for you to block him on everything, not to be exctactic about meeting him.

• Thanks 1

He’s a good looking guy, super nice, he was respectful since the first day, has a good job, was able to travel to many countries in the past few years, I’m not sure why would he go through all this trouble just for sex. And I’m pretty sure he cannot scam me into anything, he knows that I’m still a student and I work at the same time. I’m not saying you’re wrong, he can be everything you said. I’m just trying to understand whyy ?! 

18 minutes ago, Anonymous19 said:

has a good job, was able to travel to many countries in the past few years, 

That's all hearsay, you  actually know nothing about him. Ask yourself why he was prowling dating apps while on vacation. Certainly not for a relationship. Please talk to trusted adult friends and family about it.

This seems like the type of spam that promises you won a prize. There's something wrong with this picture and at some level you know that.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jaunty said:

I can hardly believe you're taking this seriously.

Are you really that surprised when you know that "Tinder Swindler" man cheated multiple women? That means multiple women really believed that multi-billionaire was interested in them to the point they took loans from the bank. To help a multi- billionaire with money. I mean how naive can you be to think that lol

This may not be about money at all BUT as a young woman you need to consider all dangers no matter how far fetched. This is how young ladies like yourself get sold into the sex trade. You need to be very careful about being alone with a total stranger from another country. He can drug you, rape you, beat you, etc.

If you proceed, take it one day at a time with caution, and keep your safety in mind.

• Thanks 1

Anon, before online dating we had newspaper ads (yes I am ancient, lol).  I remember this one guy told me he loved me on the second date, and that was IN PERSON.  Yikes!  I ran away as fast as I could.

Even though it was flattering and a part of me wanted to believe it, I asked myself what did that say about him?  His love was worth nothing / not real if he gave it without even knowing me.  I inferred he might have some mental instability or be desperate, because only people with a screw loose do this kind of thing in sincerity.  If they are insincere, then more sinister intents are at play.

Please keep yourself safe, Anon.  Hugs and kisses from a mom who would march over there and smack him upside the head with a "Fool!  Leave my innocent baby alone with your craycray!"  HAHA that might have been funnier in my head than on the page, but still... ❤️

• Like 1
1 hour ago, spinstermanquee said:

Anon, before online dating we had newspaper ads (yes I am ancient, lol).  I remember this one guy told me he loved me on the second date, and that was IN PERSON.  Yikes!  I ran away as fast as I could.

Even though it was flattering and a part of me wanted to believe it, I asked myself what did that say about him?  His love was worth nothing / not real if he gave it without even knowing me.  I inferred he might have some mental instability or be desperate, because only people with a screw loose do this kind of thing in sincerity.  If they are insincere, then more sinister intents are at play.

Please keep yourself safe, Anon.  Hugs and kisses from a mom who would march over there and smack him upside the head with a "Fool!  Leave my innocent baby alone with your craycray!"  HAHA that might have been funnier in my head than on the page, but still... ❤️

Thank youu sooo much for your answer, I got skeptical as well, and I was trying to blame it on the alcohol cuz when he said that he was drunk, but at the same time as you said it made it feel like his love is worth nothing, I do like talking to him for sure, we share a lot of things in commun, and he’s funny, but at the same time we’ve never met, so I could never say the word love right now. 
Ps. He didn’t mention it again today and he said he’s dealing with the hangover, no comment on the stuff he said yesterday.

43 minutes ago, Anonymous19 said:

it made it feel like his love is worth nothing

It's clearly a word he just tosses around without thinking much of it.

I have yet to find a mature, well-adjusted adult who behaves this way. Keep that in mind and resist the temptation to feel flattered by it. 

53 minutes ago, Sindy_0311 said:

Where does the guy come from? And where do you live? 

He’s from the uk and I’m from Morocco !! 
he visited Morocco for the first time two weeks ago but we only matched the day he was going back home. 
btw today he’s been a bit distant which is a bit odd, cuz usually he keeps texting me and sharing everything with me all day long, I guess he regrets saying what he said yesterday 

He was drunk when he told you that he loved you.  ☹️  Both of you don't know each other well at all. 

My husband was sober when he told me he loved me after only dating a few times so I would say definitely within several weeks!  We were engaged the following year and married the following year so it was a relatively short courtship.  We're happily married with two sons in the 'burbs.  Of course, I told him I loved him many times and we still do to this day.  💗

We're both teetotalers btw, no drugs, nothing.  It's our normal lifestyle. 

Different story though.  We met in person,  both local and we were both "the one."  We were both very blessed and lucky and at the right place at the right time.  ☺️

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Cherylyn said:

He was drunk when he told you that he loved you.  ☹️  Both of you don't know each other well at all. 

My husband was sober when he told me he loved me after only dating a few times so I would say definitely within several weeks!  We were engaged the following year and married the following year so it was a relatively short courtship.  We're happily married with two sons in the 'burbs.  Of course, I told him I loved him many times and we still do to this day.  💗

We're both teetotalers btw, no drugs, nothing.  It's our normal lifestyle. 

Different story though.  We met in person,  both local and we were both "the one."  We were both very blessed and lucky and at the right place at the right time.  ☺️

You were lucky to find the right person at the right time, I’m happy for you, and wish you all the best in your life. Thank you for your answer 😘

• Thanks 2

I would stop contact - he is a stranger for all practical and safety purposes. If you meet him make it a public place for an hour where others know where you are. No alcohol. Do not leave your drink unattended.  Do not go in a car alone with him. After that meet him in public several times with all the safeguards. If he really wants to get to know you properly he will do this. 

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

So you haven't answered my question:

Have you met, in person?

Ohh sorry didn’t see that, no we haven’t yet, but he’s planning to come visit me in two weeks, so we can have our first date. 
also we both work remotely, so I don’t think that distance will be an issue in the future if this works out. 

4 minutes ago, Anonymous19 said:

Ohh sorry didn’t see that, no we haven’t yet, but he’s planning to come visit me in two weeks, so we can have our first date. 
also we both work remotely, so I don’t think that distance will be an issue in the future if this works out. 

Come visit you? So he intends to stay with you?

Please do not allow this stranger to even know where you live let alone stay with you. Do not go to his hotel room if he books one. Do not allow him to pick you up or take you home. Meet him somewhere in public and use your own transportation. Tell your parents where you're going and who you're going with. Text them when you leave and again when you're heading home so they know you're safe. Give your parents his contact info in case they may need it.

This guy does not love you and you know nothing about him other than what he's told you, which could all be lies. There's something very suspicious about why he doesn't just date women in his own country. 

Ohh no he doesn’t intend to stay with, he will be booking a hotel in my city so we can go out on a date during the weekend. Since we’re both working and can’t take a leave anytime soon, we decided that just a weekend is fine. I’ll definitely be careful, and share my location with my trusted friends when we’re out, and we will be meeting in public for sure.

13 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Come visit you? So he intends to stay with you?

Please do not allow this stranger to even know where you live let alone stay with you. Do not go to his hotel room if he books one. Do not allow him to pick you up or take you home. Meet him somewhere in public and use your own transportation. Tell your parents where you're going and who you're going with. Text them when you leave and again when you're heading home so they know you're safe. Give your parents his contact info in case they may need it.

This guy does not love you and you know nothing about him other than what he's told you, which could all be lies. There's something very suspicious about why he doesn't just date women in his own country.