How soon should you meet up in person after chatting on dating app?

I (and many of my friends that are also using dating apps) find that people love to keep chatting on the app without making a move to go on a real date. I have sometimes experienced good chemistry when chatting but then did feel it in real life and vice versa. Many times conversations fade out as there is nothing more to talk about. What is the best number of days to chat on app before suggesting meeting up?

I think its a good "litmus test" to suggest a meeting in person in a first few days of conversation. If they dodge it or try to say something like "I need to get to know you better first" then you know you are dealing with "time wasters". Sadly lots of people, especially on free dating apps, are not there to meet somebody. But just to be validated and stroke their ego. So suggesting an actual date would indeed cut them out and allow you not to waste time on them.

Also, for precaution, it would be a nice idea to actually confirm identity by phone or video call, before the date takes place. Weeds out not just catfish but also people with doctored or deceptive photos. 

• Like 4

Typically meeting around a week is idea, but people are busy and have a life outside of trying to get a date. So if the conversation is good, both of you want to meet, I can give it an extra week if you both have good rapport.

A phone call or such is a good stop gap if there are conflicting schedules.

I will also say that there are some people too eager to meet, though usually they will turn on the pressure a bit too early.

• Like 3

ASAP.  I didn't ask men out on dates but regularly suggested first meets. No interest in "dating" "online" - what he looked like was the least of the reasons.  I usually met within the week after exchanging a few messages at most, one phone call of about 15-20 minutes or so with rare exception - met over 100 men in person. If he said no to  meeting after the first phone call or didn't ask me I moved on.  

I never met without a phone call and I decided against meeting many times based on the phone call.  Good luck! (I was online solely to find a good match to marry and start a family with)

• Like 2

If you don't meet quickly,  they move on quickly.  Meet at a safe, public location such for coffee or lunch. 

Pay attention including non-verbal communication.  Make sure your radar is up.  Either he'll give you positive vibes and you will perceive him to be a good guy or the opposite of that and end up in reject land.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I find the longer you message back and forth, the less likely a meet up will occur. If we match during the week, I try and set up a date the upcoming weekend. Doesn’t always result in one but at least I can rule that person out in the event they’re waiting for something “better” or just looking for attention.

• Like 3
56 minutes ago, Coldarmy13 said:

I find the longer you message back and forth, the less likely a meet up will occur. If we match during the week, I try and set up a date the upcoming weekend. Doesn’t always result in one but at least I can rule that person out in the event they’re waiting for something “better” or just looking for attention.

Wow, look who just dropped in out of the sky??!!!😉 Well hello!

• Like 2