👀 to hear from others opinion

Personally it's a line of no return.

I think dating without exclusivity is a stage of dating, but once sex enters the picture everything changes. That in my mind should be when exclusivity starts, for the sake of the relationship, the sake of health, and for the sake of general respect.

Now does that make anyone a villain? Not exactly, but if you don't like it, then you need to be firm about that boundary.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moomooland said:

What are y'all thoughts on someone you are dating is sleeping with multiple people (you are not exclusive)?

For me personally I wouldn't have done it but since I never had casual sex I actually wouldn't have known if someone I was casually dating was doing so.  I didn't ask because it wasn't necessary to ask.  I avoided dating men who were promiscuous and/or were still having multiple sex partners (I mean -teenager years/college -kind of -whatever).  I don't think anyone I ever became exclusive with had been sleeping with multiple people in the early stages of our dating.  Or really anyone. 

Typically we became exclusive at about I don't know 6-8 weeks? Not just monogamous. Except for once we became exclusive months prior to having sex.

And since typically they didn't engage in casual sex I'd sort of assumed when we started dating they were not in a sexual relationship -because then they would have been exclusive most likely -if that makes sense. 

So hypothetically it would have been a no for me.  I'm really not comfortable at all giving an opinion on whether anyone else should say no to that.  

Is this the guy who waits until the last minute to confirm plans with you?

It seems he waits until the last minute in case one of his other women is available. I would sure hate to feel like an option or like I'm second choice, or third, or fourth...not to mention the possibility of contracting an STI. 

2 hours ago, boltnrun said:

Is this the guy who waits until the last minute to confirm plans with you?

It seems he waits until the last minute in case one of his other women is available. I would sure hate to feel like an option or like I'm second choice, or third, or fourth...not to mention the possibility of contracting an STI. 

This is a general question as I am started dating again after being single for a while. 

• Like 1

OK here's some advice....date those who treat you the way you expect to be treated. Everyone has a different dating expectation. Some date one at a time, some fill their dance card, some have really no interest in being exclusive with anyone, some are emotionally unavailable. It is up to you to ask questions, observe, make note, and determine if they are right for you. 

• Like 3

On 3/15/2023 at 11:45 AM, moomooland said:

What are y'all thoughts on someone you are dating is sleeping with multiple people (you are not exclusive)?

I wouldn't date someone like this. We could hang out as friends, but that's it.

If we were already dating when I found out, I would stop dating him.

• Like 2