Lovey dovey names

My girlfriend doesn't like lovey dovey names but i want to be called sth like babe or honey... I've brought it up to her but she thinks these names are for little kids/ don't meet her standard. I just hope we have a special nickname for each other. What should I do? 

* She also rarely calls me by my name in conversation but she agreed to try. *

How long have you been involved?

I wonder if there's something deep down, causing her to seem unable to call you by your actual name?

As for lovey dovey names, nah, not everyone likes that.  As for you wanting one, is again, up to her of course.  You can't make someone do that.  

• Thanks 1

We have them -but more like inside jokes and over the years we developed acronyms for them. But - we'd never ever use them in public.  Maybe "honey" because in public I hear spouses refer to each other that way but 99% of the time I use his name to get his attention in public.  I'm into respecting other peoples' preferences for how they want to be called.  

• Like 1
17 hours ago, SooSad33 said:

How long have you been involved?

I wonder if there's something deep down, causing her to seem unable to call you by your actual name?

As for lovey dovey names, nah, not everyone likes that.  As for you wanting one, is again, up to her of course.  You can't make someone do that.  

We have been together for 5 months ((:

I asked her before she explained she has trouble calling anyone's name because she's a very shy person. She is trying tho.

Ye i respect her preference. I think i just need time to adjust myself inside.

Thank you for your comment.

15 hours ago, Cherylyn said:

Pick your battles.  If she doesn't want lovey dovey names, then don't partake.  You should request her to call you by your name though which isn't too much to ask. 

Ye i think honestly i want to be called by my name more too(:

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Jaunty said:

What does she call you, if not your name or "lovey-dovey" ones?  "Dude"?

She could say my name when she's talking to other people, but never when we're in a conversation. She doesn't call me when we're talking i think.

5 minutes ago, snoopy said:

She could say my name when she's talking to other people, but never when we're in a conversation. She doesn't call me when we're talking i think.

What does she do when you're looking the other way and she wants to get your attention?

1 minute ago, boltnrun said:

What does she do when you're looking the other way and she wants to get your attention? 

Interestingly we've never had that situation. I think she just waits for me to pay attention or touches me lol

Have her practice calling you by your name and have her try harder! 

If both of you have differences regarding her mentioning your name, then this disagreement isn't the end of it.  Rudeness, inconsideration and disrespect will grow worse.  Be alarmed.  Normally, couples don't have these types of problems early on and if they do, worse problems are brewing in the horizon.  Beware. 

In my opinion, if you ask for something reasonable, a person who cares will want to please you.

A person who's shy will usually be much more open with their significant other.

Do you feel really comfortable with her, or does she seem like a hard nut to crack?

Is it her way or no way at all, or does she ever come to a consensus about other things with you?

I don't know how the word "love" would seem kiddish, as in calling someone "love." You might ask her if she's willing to try that term of endearment out for your happiness. 

In which ways does she show you you're special (beside intimacy)?