Kiss or Ask her and then maybe kiss her

There is this girl that I think we are just friends right now but I am thinking about kissing her. When I have asked her in the past she said she just wants to be friends but at the same time she calls me very often and makes plans to go to. I am thinking maybe I should just kiss her and see what happens. I saw it on blind date where a girl said 'when the guy asked if he could kiss me, I knew it wouldnt work right then.' So maybe I should just kiss her. Sorry about the rant. I would appreciate any advice.

Tip from link removed:

"If I've been talking to a girl, and I want to know if she's ready to be kissed, I'll reach over and touch her hair while we're talking and make a comment about it. I'll say "Your hair looks so soft" and just touch the tips of it.

If she smiles and likes this, I'll reach back over and start stroking it again, but this time I also glance down at her lips and back up to her eyes a couple of times. If she lets me keep touching her hair, I know that she's ready to be kissed."

Markers tip is good, but if she sees you as a friend, she might not want you to kiss her at all. She'll see that you're looking at her lips, and might suddenly frown, or back away. I've had to tell guy friends I'm not interested and they've tried this too. "Maybe I'll just kiss her and she'll change her mind" Where do guys get that idea?

It never changes my mind. So take into consideration that trying to kiss her might be a bad idea. If you honestly think she likes you, and she didn't tell you you're just friends recently, than it's worth a try, I suppose.

I am thinking maybe I should just kiss her and see what happens. I saw it on blind date where a girl said 'when the guy asked if he could kiss me, I knew it wouldnt work right then

Be careful about what you pick up on TV, you have to remember that most times what you see is for "entertainment" value. Also, the girl on TV isn't the girl you're with and you aren't taking into consideration that you know absolutely nothing about the girl from "Blind Date."

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful about what you pick up on TV, you have to remember that most times what you see is for "entertainment" value. Also, the girl on TV isn't the girl you're with and you aren't taking into consideration that you know absolutely nothing about the girl from "Blind Date."

That's very true but I have read on another site, forgot where, that girls doesn't like it when guys have to ask for girl's approval to kiss them.

and to respond to elila's question of how guys get that idea. Well it's simply because of the above. Asking the simple question 'can I kiss you?' and being direct doesn't really work. Also considering that girls tend to do a lot of their communication through their body language that hair test Marker's suggested obviously seems more practical.