what will it take

I have been single for a good 18 months now (but who is counting?) 

I met a lovely lady online and we were talking online for 3 weeks before we met.Seems great date went well. Both agree we want to see each others again. We text all the the time she said she is very interest in me I ask her out for a second date last Saturday and she decline. She said she has another date and asked for this week. I went back to dating site (havnt been a ctive since meeting in person) and she was on green meaning she is on. She said she wants to see where this will goes but still looking or talking to others. Is this a bad sign that she just is nt into me

45 minutes ago, Notanautobot said:

She said she has another date and asked for this week.

You are not a priority, move on.

I am sorry. Few years ago I was single for a while and was looking to get back into dating. It takes time to accomodate and be comfortable with yourself there. You would have to learn to "deal with blows" as they come. Especially in "hookup culture" dating sites where majority are just not looking anything serious. Most of your dates would be "one and done". This is one such thing.

She wants to explore around, and that is OK. But you are not obligated to stay. Especially when she nonchalantly said to you that she has another date. If she likes you very much she would never said that to you. Because she wouldnt want to lose you as a prospect. But like this she doesnt care. She would go on another date and if that one doesnt  be good, then she will maybe give you a chance. That is unacceptable. Always value yourself more or else others wont value you either. say to her that its fine, but you wish to not continue this further and move on to somebody else.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Notanautobot said:

we were talking online for 3 weeks before we met.  We text all the the time 

Unfortunately one and done dates are common, even if the date seemed to go well. Exactly for the reason you mentioned and that is you're both still talking to and meeting others. No one is a priority or exclusive after one meeting.

Also texting for way too long before meeting and way too much in between dates could make someone lose interest faster because texting is Not dating.  As you noticed, while you were "texting all the time" someone else asked her out and she went with that. Texting too much comes across as low interest. 

• Like 1

When you have only had a few dates it is completely normal to keep dating others.  You have no way of knowing that it will lead to a relationship.  So maybe your expectations are amiss.  Or you two are not compatible because you are see things differently.    

• Like 1