Any advice appreciated

On Christmas Day I went to a friend’s Christmas party, I’m 50, and there was only a couple of us, one of the people was a female friend of theirs. I had no thoughts about it and we had a great night, at the end of the evening she made a move on me and although surprised I reciprocated. We’ve spent a lot of time together since in a no pressure scenario, which has been discussed. She’s told me she likes me and surprisingly the feelings are mutual from this unexpected event. Only issue is it’s giving me relationship anxiety as I’m actually finding I quite like the girl, just to make things even more difficult she’s very attentive and affectionate. What I’m really concerned with is blowing this due to how I feel although currently it seems great. Input much appreciated. Thanks

Christmas Day was a week ago. What do you mean a lot of time and what does no pressure mean ? Do you mean she’s agreed to a sexual arrangement ? Also you describe this as if you didn’t have control over every choice from the moment she made a pass at you. You did and you still do.

If you see potential here for the long term then tell her you enjoy spending time with her this past week and you’d like to plan some fun activities for the two of you and get to know each other better.  Ask her what her intentions are.  

• Like 1

Just let things take a natural, uninterrupted course. Why feel anxious? You have given very little background information on yourself. Have you been into relationships before, and how many? How did they end? Are you afraid that you get involved, and the relationship fails?

• Like 1

Although we are having a sexual ‘relationship’ we’ve agreed to it just going forwards without adding any additional or planned pressures however with the possibility of it going somewhere. But yes I am concerned I’m going to get emotionally involved and hurt and she’s at this early stage suggested something similar.

36 minutes ago, P33 said:

. We’ve spent a lot of time together since in a no pressure scenario, which has been discussed. 

It seems to be going well.  Perhaps start going on dates. What exactly is a "no pressure" scenario? Do you or she just want casual hangouts or more? 

Take a deep breath, If you continue to worry about "blowing it" you probably will. So just be confident in the situation, be yourself, treat her with kindness and respect and shift your mindset to positivity.

Allow your mind to visualize all the positives that come with everything going well for the two of you and naturally let it take it's course. Wishing you the best ❤️ 

50 minutes ago, P33 said:

Although we are having a sexual ‘relationship’ we’ve agreed to it just going forwards without adding any additional or planned pressures however with the possibility of it going somewhere. But yes I am concerned I’m going to get emotionally involved and hurt and she’s at this early stage suggested something similar.

Why does it feel pressured to make plans to take your new lady out on a date? I understand having sex and hanging out doesn't require much effort and it's fun and carefree but it seems a bit stressful to be ignoring the elephant in the room, no?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, electricorchid said:

Take a deep breath, If you continue to worry about "blowing it" you probably will. So just be confident in the situation, be yourself, treat her with kindness and respect and shift your mindset to positivity.

Allow your mind to visualize all the positives that come with everything going well for the two of you and naturally let it take it's course. Wishing you the best ❤️ 

Thankyou so much